The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

Schedule:

https://abbotsford.canucks.com/schedule/

The Canucks will start the season on a three-game road trip beginning Saturday, October 16 against the Bakersfield Condors before heading to Ontario, CA, for two contests versus the Reign.

The club’s highly anticipated inaugural home opener will take place the following week on Friday, October 22 as part of a two-game series against the Henderson Silver Knights. Abbotsford will then host Ontario for a two-game set to close out their inaugural homestand before heading back out on the road.

As the newest member of the AHL’s Pacific Division, Abbotsford will play all eight teams in their division either four times (Colorado, Tucson, Henderson) or eight times each (Bakersfield, Ontario, Stockton, San Jose, San Diego). Abbotsford’s schedule also includes interdivisional play, with the Canucks facing off against the Manitoba Moose (8 games), Laval Rocket (4 games) and Toronto Marlies (4 games) during the regular season.

The holiday season will be highlighted by a back-to-back series against the Tucson Roadrunners at the Abbotsford Centre from December 22-23, while the Canucks will ring in the New Year in Abbotsford on Friday, January 7 vs the Bakersfield Condors.

The Canucks’ longest homestand of the season will be six games from Tuesday, March 29 to Saturday, April 9, during which the team will play a pair of games each against Toronto, Laval, and San Diego.

Edited by Googlie
  • Upvote 2

Talking schedules, it'd be interesting to mesh the parent and farm schedules, and see if it would be worthwhile to lease an aircraft for the season.  Would let the farm team fly into Sacramento, Ontario and San Diego without always going through LA with WJ or AC (offhand I don't know if Stockton or Henderson could handle a 737 or somesuch).   If there were overlap, have the 2 teams fly together -  that'd be a thrill for the farm boys

For the 2022-23 season, when Palm Springs is activated,  2 western teams will move, to create a balanced schedule, with Colorado and Tucson, Arizona being the candidates (to the Central, with one of their teams, possibly the Moose, moving to the North division where there are 3 other Canadian teams).

There was some talk down south over the winter (before Abbotsford was finalized) of just Colorado moving to the Central, with Vancouver's farm team, wherever placed, , as the new kid on the block, moving to the north division.

Hopefully we stay in the west.  Would be neat having all 7 of the big team's rivals also be rivals of the farm team.

• Cheers 1

Wonder what that means for Silovs.  Iirc we've always carried 3 goaltenders on the farm, but one was usually a vet who saw limited ice time (Bachman for a few years), but at 26, Martin isn't that old... just 7 months older than Demko

Edited by Googlie

On 7/28/2021 at 8:23 PM, Dazzle said:

Totally curious, why would they displace Silovs elsewhere? ECHL is not gonna help his development.

Also, this is a pretty minor question that is unrelated to your thread: why did Brady Keeper get a one-way contract? He seems very unproven, and not really someone of his calibre (no offense) would get until later on. Maybe this was a 'nice thing to do'? I don't get it.

image.thumb.png.ce81be0a7f24e092c31a0f60f5f74298.png

It is a bit puzzling to me as well but I am thinking this has Ron Delorme's fingerprints all over it. I wonder if they see a bit of a Gino Odjick type of player in him except as a D man? If he comes even close to that type of player he will be a big hit with the fans.

• Cheers 1

On 8/10/2021 at 2:35 PM, BPA said:

I like the little blue T shirt the best.

Abbynucks-jerseys.jpg

You'll recognize me at the games. I'll be the guy with the little blue T shirt with a black long sleeve sweat shirt underneath.