The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are we watching the same game?  Our young guys look great!  Klim, Woody, Foghte, Woo, Silovs. The King’s fam team is sos so.  Their young guys look small and scared, especially Madden and Turcott.  Those guys are craperolla.  Kings stink.  LA stinks.  And their farm team stinks.  

They look okay but Ontario has possess the puck for much of the game. We are the more harder working team out there, but it hasn't led to much zone time. They are skating hard to disrupt lanes and doing a good job defensively tonight compared to yesterday against the Condors, but they don't have the high end game breaking skill in this group. Lots of good hard working prospects but not a lot of flash outside of Kilimovich.

As I said before the lack of a playmaking center is hindering the breakouts and ability to sustain pressure as I noticed Dries, Rempal, and Stevens making a lot of blind passes that lead to nothing.  The Abby Canucks need Petan and/or Dowling back.

Silovs has been a rock tonight.

• Thanks 1

The Canucks may have a player in Karel Plasek. Man this kid is fast and fearless in board battles.

Reign tie it up after the puck takes a weird bounce off the boards and skips in front to a wide open Reign player, no chance for Silovs. Silovs has been the reason the Canucks are still tied at 2, the defense has been pretty scattered in coverage tonight and a lot of bad pinches or reads in the neutral zone. I can see why Madison Bowey hasn't found himself back in the NHL, very much a high risk high reward guy.

Madison Bowey takes a bad penalty in OT and Canucks kill off a big 4v3 penalty in OT. Sautner played the full 2 mins of the PK due to some sloppy PK work by Di Giuseppe which kept Sautner on for the full PK shift. Sautner had 2 big blocks and Silovs made 2 huge big saves. 

No real offense for the Canucks in the OT.

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Was interesting seeing Madden - he had a good game

Ontario should be a fun team to watch lots of young talent and skillful players.

Thought despite much of the game held in the Canucks end, we did well to keep Ontario much to the outside. Something about the Ontario group is that they have a very small forward group so they often were able to pull quickly from the outside but had difficulty penetrating the middle. Thought Sautner, Woo, Juulsen and Brubacher had strong games defensively.

• Cheers 1

Trent Cull on first win in Abbotsford Canucks history:

“It felt great to get that first win for the fans in Abbotsford. It was quite a turnaround from last night and the players deserve a ton of credit for that. They bought into some of the things we have been talking about and I thought they did a really good job executing the game plan tonight.” 

“We established our identity a bit tonight. We figured out some things that work for our group and I think for the first time, the guys showcased the blueprint of how we are going to play. It was exciting to watch and the effort was excellent tonight.” 

• Like 3