The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Great pass from Klimovich and we're back even.

Hmm - official scoring doesn't give Klim an assist.  Rebound maybe? ( I'm not watching, just following the event record on the AHL website)

Edit: ah, now it does. Just a delay in record keeping

Was wondering.   When 3rd period started I saw all those shots on an empty net - from both teams - in a 1-1 tie.  Headscratcher.  Then after about a minute the goalies name appeared in the text

Edited by Googlie

1 minute ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Bailey and Bowey impressed me the most.  Hopefully trending toward being our next call-ups, if and when we can fit them in.

Although both were on the powerplay that conceded the shorty, so not an unblemished record. (But Bowey got 1st star and Bailey the 2nd, so whoever awards the stars saw enough good play)

4 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Bailey and Bowey impressed me the most.  Hopefully trending toward being our next call-ups, if and when we can fit them in.

Bigger guys, who can both really skate.  What they lack in puck skills (which is a lot) they make up for in hard work and effort.

• Like 1

It's interesting -  although we have 5 points now, to Bakersfield's 4, they show ahead of us in the standings as they have played 1 fewer game.  This season the AHL is using percentages, not points to determine standings.  This is due to an unbalanced schedule - the 4 divisions each play a different number of games

Edited by Googlie

I think Bailey has a realistic chance of Green putting him on the big team's roster one day mainly because of his combination of size and speed.  It's in the speed part that he's got something that neither MacEwen or Gadjovich had, and that will hopefully endear him more to Green.  I can't hide the fact that I'm really pulling for a big, fast guy like him to make our bottom 6, and give Lil' Softie (aka Dowling) his spot in Abbotsford.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Looks like it was a pretty good atmosphere here in Abbotsford. On a side note a local hot dog king and reluctant hero has won a contract to sell his premium hot dogs in the arena. You made have heard the story  of the owner of Lully’s Food experience who donated his kidney to save the life of a virtual stranger. These are Nathan’s Famous foot longs from New York, not cheap but worth every penny! 

Edited by 4petesake
  • Vintage 1