The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

It's interesting -  although we have 5 points now, to Bakersfield's 4, they show ahead of us in the standings as they have played 1 fewer game.  This season the AHL is using percentages, not points to determine standings.  This is due to an unbalanced schedule - the 4 divisions each play a different number of games

Edited by Googlie

I think Bailey has a realistic chance of Green putting him on the big team's roster one day mainly because of his combination of size and speed.  It's in the speed part that he's got something that neither MacEwen or Gadjovich had, and that will hopefully endear him more to Green.  I can't hide the fact that I'm really pulling for a big, fast guy like him to make our bottom 6, and give Lil' Softie (aka Dowling) his spot in Abbotsford.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Looks like it was a pretty good atmosphere here in Abbotsford. On a side note a local hot dog king and reluctant hero has won a contract to sell his premium hot dogs in the arena. You made have heard the story  of the owner of Lully’s Food experience who donated his kidney to save the life of a virtual stranger. These are Nathan’s Famous foot longs from New York, not cheap but worth every penny! 

Edited by 4petesake
  • Vintage 1

Cull on last night’s game: "Obviously, we don't want to take bad penalties. But if my guys are competing, then I'm kind of okay with that. We've got a good penalty kill and we have good goaltenders. Of course we don't want to get into trouble, but I think it was fine tonight."

Cull on the crowd: "I took a moment at the end of the game to take a look at the crowd. I thought (the crowd) was really good for 50% capacity. They were a great group, very vocal.”

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Trent Cull speaks to reporters following the Abbotsford Canucks 3-2 overtime victory over the Henderson Silver Knights in their inaugural home opener.

If we got Babcock we would have a mini Babs in Cull.  

image.png.63f3a78ba5d9830ae91eaeda2c8a4824.png image.jpeg.c209b67810a614c3d5750ef2eaa0d7fc.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

So, is there no local radio coverage of the baby Canucks. Pretty disappointing if true. 

Currently having to listen to Henderson Silver Knights broadcast.

Hmm - I'm listening to "Abbotsford Canucks Hockey" - just clicked on the 'listen live' button on the game on their website (but the broadcaster hasn't identified himself yet, so I can't tell if it is Abby or Henderson)

I’m watching the game.  Klim is looking awesome!  He’s dangerous every shift.  He’d do even better if his teammates could read the game at his level.  Silovs looks really good too.  Woo is doing okay.  Nothing fancy.  He’s a solid guy.  Other than that we are a bunch of hard workers.  The intermission sumo fight was hilarious!  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1