The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

Rate this topic

I really hope with Bailey being called up, it opens more room for Klimovich in the top six. He has been married to John Stevens since training camp. Stevens is a great veteran to bring along young players but is limited in his offensive creativity. Would like to see Klim get run with either Focht or Petan.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 8:41 PM, wallstreetamigo said:

That’s fine. No need to use all vets in key roles though. Most will never make any impact at the nhl level. If they haven’t learned to pk by that age they aren’t going to suddenly become key pk guys in the nhl. Some of this young guys could if they start working with them early enough.

I think there is a damned good reason to keep working with guys like Bailey. He had outstanding physical attributes: size, speed, strength - but he wasn’t elite enough offensively to make the NHL, so he had to work on his defensive game - and that included the pk. He would have made this team last season but for that hit from behind by Lucic, and then missing the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ray_Cathode said:

I think there is a damned good reason to keep working with guys like Bailey. He had outstanding physical attributes: size, speed, strength - but he wasn’t elite enough offensively to make the NHL, so he had to work on his defensive game - and that included the pk. He would have made this team last season but for that hit from behind by Lucic, and then missing the rest of the season. 

Bailey is already good enough to be in the NHL full time though. And he should be over guys like Chiasson and Highmore.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Bailey is already good enough to be in the NHL full time though. And he should be over guys like Chiasson and Highmore.

He was busy boning up on pk in Abby. I have the feeling he was sent down with that purpose. Canucks need piers, especially when they are 6’4” and they can skate like Bailey.

• Like 1