The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

Article from a couple years ago (when he was still a Lightning prospect):

https://www.rawcharge.com/platform/amp/2020/11/12/21559881/2020-raw-charge-top-25-under-25-25-quinn-schmiemann-tampa-bay-lightning-prospect

Was ranked #94 NA skater by central scouting in his draft year.

Attended the Flyers’ development camp last year.

• Like 1

The tweet was not clear but I assume that since this is an AHL contract it is an Abbotsford signing that will.not count against the Canuck's contract limit.

Quadrilli made this a bit confusing by saying the Canucks sign the player when it is actually Abby signing him.

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Very good signing by Canucks big WHL guy, 21 yrs old soon Schmiemann 6'2, LD- 200 lbs point a game in playoffs 2022 - GP 17 -- PTS 18

2021-22 - GP 58 G 14 - PTS 54

2000-21 -GP 22  G  2    PTS 17

Canucks prospect Persson 6'1 D man is also on Kamloops 2022 playoffs GP 17 -- PTS 2 

2021-22 -GP 65 -- PTS 29

Persson and Schmiemann are the same age..I don't thing Vancouver will sign Persson...

He has had very solid numbers in junior so far, can never go wrong with a free 6'2 210 D prospect from the dub with solid production, maybe he sees an easier route to the league with a team like us versus potential x3 Cup champs 

23 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

TBay is so stacked that they can’t sign everyone. This might turn into quite the gem for us.

Hopefully.

I’ll be happy if he can just replace Rathbone in Abby though. That will be a win IMO.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wonder if he just held out to become a free agent or Tampa just didn’t see him in their plans.

His stats are impressive but you have to remember he was an overager. Players in their fourth year should be dominating.

Im sure the Canucks saw lots of him while scouting Persson though. There must be something they see in his game that translates.

Maybe they didn't have the cap to resign him. Cos Tampa would never, ever circumnavigate the cap, right?

1 minute ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Maybe they didn't have the cap to resign him. Cos Tampa would never, ever circumnavigate the cap, right?

Lol.

This would have nothing to do with cap though it would be about how many contracts they have available.

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

any Kamloops folks on here that can give a scouting report? what should we expect here?

I watched him in a few games looks taller then 6'2.. He was good solid best player on the ice in games I watched...

• Vintage 1

58 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I watched him in a few games looks taller then 6'2.. He was good solid best player on the ice in games I watched...

nice - did you see anything that gives you hope he'll crack the NHL one day?