The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

When I selected my seats, there was almost no seats sold. I think I was second group in. I went back to discuss marketing opportunities there, I was there in the 2nd to last day. 

I remember thinking there were only 20 of us in my first group and that maybe the area wasn't that supportive of the team in Abbotsford. 

That 2nd visit was pretty overwhelming. I was told they could have easily sold every seat to season ticket holder twice over. 

Should be a great atmosphere. It will be fun to see that building packed with Canuck fans. The old Calgary farm team just never worked and never made sense.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

Wonder if the people that already paid for this year's package will get a rebate to cover for the "free games"?

We haven't in the past. Only thing we got last season was a credit for the lost covid games previous season 

18 minutes ago, Googlie said:

We haven't in the past. Only thing we got last season was a credit for the lost covid games previous season 

I don't mean to pick on the AHL over this. It just seems that once you sign on to whatever; those companies then forget about you and give discounts to folk that haven't been customers. Like finding out a buddy has the exact cable package, at $10 a month less, but the cable folk won't send you an email to tell you about the new rate.

:(

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Would be great to see a local company like CHEK TV pick up and broadcast the Baby Canucks games...I mean it should be Sportsnet but this is the west coast so we will endure 4 channels of LAFF highlights instead...

And that raises a good point -  I'm not sure, but I believe that AHL TV doesn't run it's own telecasts but contracts to pick up the feed from local stations - when I watched Utica games I always had the option of home or away feeds (or it might have been just a choice of commentaries using a single feed).

If that is the case, what feed  from Abbotsford would AHL TV pick up?  I cant see them devoting a team of however many for 34 home games

• Cheers 1

Microsoft_Teams_image_3_6e550df02c.png

CANUCKS INK SCHILLING AND BRUBACHER TO AHL DEALS

Oct 13th 2021

By Abbotsford Canucks

Abbotsford, B.C. – Abbotsford Canucks General Manager, Ryan Johnson, announced today that the club has signed defencemen Cameron Schilling and Adam Brubacher, both to one-year AHL contracts.

Schilling, 33, played in his 10th AHL season in 2020-21 with the Hershey Bears, leading team defencemen in scoring with 19 points (four goals, 15 assists). He also collected his 200th career AHL point (an assist) on May 2 vs Lehigh Valley, and was named to the 2020-21 AHL North Division All-Star Team.

The 6’3, 190-pound defencemen ranks 65th among AHL defencemen in all-time games played (575), and has skated in 10 career NHL games between the Washington Capitals and Winnipeg Jets. A native of Carmel, Indiana, Schilling has posted 18 points (seven goals, 11 assists) over 36 career AHL Calder Cup Playoff games.

Brubacher, 25, participated in his first professional season in 2020-21, skating in seven AHL games with the Manitoba Moose, recording two goals.

The 6’4, 205-pound defender served as captain during his senior year at Rochester Institute of Technology (AHA), ranking second on the team in points (24) while leading Tigers’ defencemen in goals (four) and assists (24).

A native of Elmira, Ontario, Brubacher spent the 2015-16 season in the BCHL, splitting games between the Prince George Spruce Kings (41) and Powell River Kings (17), while leading league defencemen in goals (18).

ABBOTSFORD CANUCKS |

Interesting to note that capfriendly.com had Schilling listed as the 4th highest-rated UFA defenceman still unsigned to this point (behind Demers, Coburn & Prosser) -- and it was our farm team that signed him!.  Now that's depth!!:metal:

Edited by -AJ-
Added "Abbotsford" to title for clarity
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

• -AJ- changed the title to Abbotsford Canucks sign Schilling & Brubacher