The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Very interesting that they are choosing to role 3 goalies in Abbotsford instead of loaning one of Silovs or Martin to the ECHL.

Its going to be hard to give the two enough games throughout the season as I assume Mikey will get a big bulk of the games.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Very interesting that they are choosing to role 3 goalies in Abbotsford instead of loaning one of Silovs or Martin to the ECHL.

Its going to be hard to give the two enough games throughout the season as I assume Mikey will get a big bulk of the games.

I don't see that as much of an issue at all. The organization has 5 goalies between the two teams. If either Halak or Dem's get an injury that has one of them out for a few games, Dipietro would be the call up and Silovs and Martins become the tandem in Abby. The logistics for most of the games would be a short trip up or down the highway as the case may be. Similar situation applies in Abby if one of their goalies gets injured.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, vancan2233 said:

Does Bailey have to pass through waivers again. Would love to have he up in Van and Dowling sent down. I'm hoping they sent him down to get in some games to get up to speed because he missed most last year to injury. 

If he is recalled, and his recall period exceeds 30 days or plays 10 NHL games in that recall, then needs to clear waivers again to be sent back down

Edited by Googlie
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Especially with Abby's division playing fewer games - 68 -  than any other division 

This season the AHL is playing an unbalanced schedule, so points percentage will determine playoff teams.   Next winter, when Seattle's farm team is up and running, they will be back to a standard 78 games for all teams

Edited by Googlie

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

If he is recalled, and his recall period exceeds 30 days or plays 10 NHL games in that recall, then needs to clear waivers again to be sent back down

4 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Ready to go...

Standings

Pacific GP Record PCT
403.png
ONT
0 0-0-0-0 0.000
437.png
HSK
0 0-0-0-0 0.000
402_73.png
BAK
0 0-0-0-0 0.000
419.png
COL
0 0-0-0-0 0.000
440.png
ABB
0 0-0-0-0 0.000
412.png
TUC
0 0-0-0-0 0.000
406_73.png
STK
0 0-0-0-0 0.000
405_73.png
SJ
0 0-0-0-0 0.000
404.png
SD
0 0-0-0-0 0.000

Just noticed that Abby and Tucson's logos are very similar.

Edited by rizzuto&hatoum
first quote was my mistake
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Just noticed that Abby and Tucson's logos are very similar.

Yeah - they have the roadrunner.  Neat franchise.  I went to a game a couple of winters ago when visiting friends in Tucson to golf.   They have a huge sponsorship group (over 70 local companies) somewhat like Utica had,  with a giveaway every TV stoppage - teeshirt, team sweater, goodies bag, gift voucher,  etc.

The AHL teams do a great job involving the local community ......... ofc they are usually the only professional sports franchise in that town.  Tucson play out of their Convention Center, which isn't ideal as it's not custom built for hockey.  I'm already looking forward to next season when the Kraken farm team take residence in their state of the art facility being built in Palm Springs (Palm Desert, to be specific).  It'll seat about 9,900 for hockey, and comes with it's own practice rink for the team 

Here's Tucson Roadrunners sponsorship list ( from their webpage) ...

https://www.tucsonroadrunners.com/sponsors/

Edited by Googlie
  • Like 1

Brubacher is somewhat interesting. Big, close to a point per game for R.I.T., team captain, scored a couple AHL goals during his first stint. Crazy this is only his second season post college and he is turning 26 in a couple months.

Schilling looks like a solid dman, potentially top pair in the AHL. Looking at his minors salary since 2015 he has earned between $200K-$575K per year. Last year he made $365k. That is a lot for an AHL player

Edited by canucklehead44