The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hakanpaa was on their 3rd pairing. I guess we overrated him.  Poolman is a much better skater. He actually was on the first unit power play with Boeser at UND so he does have offensive potential.

I think Hakanpaa will be a serviceable 3rd pairing D who can move up to the 2nd pairing if needed. Poolman is a 2nd pairing guy who can move up

to the top pairing of needed. That’s the biggest difference between the two of them I think and why 12 teams were after Poolman. 

Hakanpaa is one year older than Poolman and yet Poolman played more NHL games, averaged more minutes per game, and was given an opportunity on Winnipeg's top pairing. Hakanpaa is basically an oversized Oscar Fantenberg, but Fantenberg skates better. 

Edited by Maddogy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hakanpaa was on their 3rd pairing. I guess we overrated him.  Poolman is a much better skater. He actually was on the first unit power play with Boeser at UND so he does have offensive potential.

I think Hakanpaa will be a serviceable 3rd pairing D who can move up to the 2nd pairing if needed. Poolman is a 2nd pairing guy who can move up

to the top pairing of needed. That’s the biggest difference between the two of them I think and why 12 teams were after Poolman. 

I hope it works out this way.

And sign your deal already.

• Hydration 3

Poolman isn't a very good comparable to this guy. Luke schenn is much closer as far as foot speed and physical play.... Benning got him at half the cost.

• Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
23 hours ago, HKSR said:

Darn, would have preferred him over Poolman.

Yeah but maybe he didn't want to come here. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing the on-ice product we have. I'm thinking it'll be better than last year, but also not really good enough to go far in the playoffs.

17 hours ago, coryberg said:

Poolman isn't a very good comparable to this guy. Luke schenn is much closer as far as foot speed and physical play.... Benning got him at half the cost.

Very happy Benning signed Schenn over Haka