The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Van-Stl Gamble! Gamble!

To Van

Vladimir Tarasenko + Colton Parayko

To Stl

Tyler Myers + Tanner Pearson + Ollie Juolevi + Linus Karlsson and our 2022 1st rd pick

this trade works good for both clubs for the better. helps us cap wise. and were giving something back to St. louis towards their rebuild. the gamble here is Vladimir. with his shoulder injuries. its been two years since his surgery. do we gamble his health for our top six forward pairing as a benefit? our top 9 forward pairing would be complete if tarasenko shoulder holds up. it could benefit us tremendously. for horvats line sake. do you think Colton gonna help out our top 4 defensive role? I think hes a better fit imo. are we giving up way too much or not enough? what other options are available?

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

I don't think adding in Tarasenko wouldn't work from a cap perspective.    I also believe that Pearson plays too important of a role in our dressing and 3rd line, which is why Benning chose to re-sign him.

I do like your Myers/Parayko suggestion however (Myers + Juolevi + 1st for Parayko?), but my concern is that we'd now be three drafts in a row without a first.  

THAT is very risky, and THAT is what leads to once great teams falling drastically off of a cliff (see Canucks, Vancouver 2014).   

would any of you think. St louis would take say...

garland+Pearson+Myers+2022 3rd pick+jet woo+linus Karlsson for Tarasenko and Parakyo? 

i know Tarasenko is still recovering from his shoulder injury! i know its a gamble! but id bet he be worth it in the end! his shoulder is getting stronger everyday! its been 3 years since his shoulder surgery! it takes time and rehabilitation to get his strength back! its only a matter of time before he puts up those numbers again! hes scored 30+ five times in 9 seasons! 3 of those seasons cut short because of his injury! hes 29 years old hes still young still in his prime! He's a proven goal scorer! with a cup! his numbers are awesome in the playoffs! hes got lots to prove still! those last couple seasons dont mean nothing while in his rehabilitation. he was still recovering during those past seasons. his numbers will go up again! that i can guarantee! so why not take the gamble! 

other teams are seriously looking into acquiring Vladimir Tarasenko! i honestly think we should be too! 100%! Colton Parayko 2! 

Edited by KnuckleHead16

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 9:24 AM, KnuckleHead16 said:

To Van

Vladimir Tarasenko + Colton Parayko

To Stl

Tyler Myers + Tanner Pearson + Ollie Juolevi + Linus Karlsson and our 2022 1st rd pick

this trade works good for both clubs for the better. helps us cap wise. and were giving something back to St. louis towards their rebuild. the gamble here is Vladimir. with his shoulder injuries. its been two years since his surgery. do we gamble his health for our top six forward pairing as a benefit? our top 9 forward pairing would be complete if tarasenko shoulder holds up. it could benefit us tremendously. for horvats line sake. do you think Colton gonna help out our top 4 defensive role? I think hes a better fit imo. are we giving up way too much or not enough? what other options are available?

I doubt the Blues would even touch Myers with his $6 million cap at what 4 years left and Pearson has a NTC, Joulevi has not been able to break the starting lineup for longer then what 10 games in a row because Greener just doesn't trust him yet

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble