The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Lightning sign Corey Perry

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

This is it exactly.  Arguably the two best Hab’s forwards in their playoffs were Danault and Perry.  Hate the Habs, so it’s going to be fun watching them miss the playoffs and Bergevin get axed.  

I loathe that team...not to the level of the Flames but it is close...was painful cheering for them for Weber. Can't wait to watch them suck. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

2020: Lost in the Stanley Cup Final against the Lightning.

2021: Lost in the Stanley Cup Final against the Lightning.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Marian Hossa 2.0

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

This is it exactly.  Arguably the two best Hab’s forwards in their playoffs were Danault and Perry.  Hate the Habs, so it’s going to be fun watching them miss the playoffs and Bergevin get axed.  

It's OK he can always do kids birthday parties with that red suit.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

He's 0-2 so far, is he going for the strike out now..... Tampa going to be 3 time champs in a row.... I don't believe they will be.

They lost alot of there complementary players but the core are still there, good chance they get in and who else ?   Perhaps the busiest team in the offseason ?

On 7/29/2021 at 7:40 PM, ShawnAntoski said:

They lost alot of there complementary players but the core are still there, good chance they get in and who else ?   Perhaps the busiest team in the offseason ?

My gut is telling me teams are going to be playing Tampa hard this year, other players don't want to see them win again, and I really feel their mocking of the salary cap this year may of got under a few players skin especially the teams that last to them in the playoffs this year, I doubt they will take that lightly and try to get back at them next season. I just don't believe it's going to be an easy ride for Tampa at all next season.

On 7/29/2021 at 10:01 AM, bree2 said:

hated him when he was with the Ducks, but since then  especially with Montreal. he was one of my favorite players, i was hoping we would sign him.  i think Tampa was smart!

Me too…..we should have picked him up last season….cheap contract, loads of experience.

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

My gut is telling me teams are going to be playing Tampa hard this year, other players don't want to see them win again, and I really feel their mocking of the salary cap this year may of got under a few players skin especially the teams that last to them in the playoffs this year, I doubt they will take that lightly and try to get back at them next season. I just don't believe it's going to be an easy ride for Tampa at all next season.

There will be alot of challengers but Tampa is still the two time champ - it will only get harder for Tampa but the team is loaded & well coached.

17 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Technically, he's 1 for 15.  But who's counting?  :P

I wasn't aware he has played with 15 other teams after leaving the ducks :ph34r:

I'm basing it off after leaving the ducks, instead of retiring he's now 0-2, maybe he's going for strike three before retiring....

On 7/29/2021 at 9:45 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

2022: Loses in the Stanley Cup Final against the Vancouver Canucks.

:)

On 7/29/2021 at 9:45 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Now what would really be funny is if Montreal got to the finals ;)

But admittedly, the opponent can't be the Lightning with the new season.