The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canadiens sign Mathieu Perreault

23 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

oh sure, sure

Watch Bergevan trade with ARI for Roussel, he wants all of the French guys

Montreal seems poised to have a poor start to the year. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Montreal seems poised to have a poor start to the year. 

Based on what exactly? Montreal has a really solid top 9 with Caufield, Suzuki, Toffoli, Anderson, Gallagher, Hoffman, Drouin, Evans, Armia.  

They lost Weber, but he was playing on one ankle with a wonky knee and a bad wrist.  They still have Edmundson, Petry, Chairot in their top 4 D with one of Savard or a more experienced Romanov slotting in. 

then you have the goaltending tandem of Price and Allen.  You’ll have the coach there from day 1 instead of halfway through the season.  And hopefully they won’t get shut down with covid again.

They’re in tough division but they’re a good team 

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Drafting Mailloux

Bringing in Savard, Paquette and now Perreault?  Wow, they're really trying hard to get their fans back onboard.

Don't forget they also signed Jean Sebastian Dea too!! I'm guessing the fanbase has been hungry to hear more French interviews!! 

Drafting Mailloux was real stupid... it's just so wrong... how do u expect female Habs fans to react to this??

they also signed Hoffman

But I think they'll slip back heavily this year. No Weber. No Price to start the year. Lost their top line shutdown center....

Who thinks Toffoli will get better, or was that his career year? Who has faith in Kotkaniemi? They look weak down the middle and both their d and goaltending have been hit.

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Based on what exactly? Montreal has a really solid top 9 with Caufield, Suzuki, Toffoli, Anderson, Gallagher, Hoffman, Drouin, Evans, Armia.  

They lost Weber, but he was playing on one ankle with a wonky knee and a bad wrist.  They still have Edmundson, Petry, Chairot in their top 4 D with one of Savard or a more experienced Romanov slotting in. 

then you have the goaltending tandem of Price and Allen.  You’ll have the coach there from day 1 instead of halfway through the season.  And hopefully they won’t get shut down with covid again.

Weber/Price for starters, Cup run hangover like Dallas. 

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

oh sure, sure

Watch Bergevan trade with ARI for Roussel, he wants all of the French guys

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Whatever you say 

ah tabarnak he is da wrong type of french though!

Everyone should check out Perrault's mugshots through the years.  He's had some epic hairstyles.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=89510 

8 hours ago, deepbluefunk said:

they also signed Hoffman

But I think they'll slip back heavily this year. No Weber. No Price to start the year. Lost their top line shutdown center....

Who thinks Toffoli will get better, or was that his career year? Who has faith in Kotkaniemi? They look weak down the middle and both their d and goaltending have been hit.

Price will reportedly be ready in time for the season opener. I recently read that in an article.

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Step 1: Sign all the French Canadian players

Step 2:

Step 3: Stanley Cup

As much as I want to make fun of Berg for signing all the Quebecois - I also cheer whenever the Canucks sign solid players from BC. I do think there are benefits to hometown energy (sometimes downsides too, in exceptional cases like Jake Virtanen).

13 hours ago, qwijibo said:

based on: 

Price coming off an injury 

Inevitable let down from the loss

Which Drouin is coming back?

Leadership loss of Weber and Perry

No Weber

Bergeclown made some additions sure but I'd be pretty surprised if thats a playoff team next year, the "north" was a one time thing and they will be facing much stiffer competition. 

44 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

based on: 

Price coming off an injury 

Inevitable let down from the loss

Which Drouin is coming back?

Leadership loss of Weber and Perry

No Weber

Bergeclown made some additions sure but I'd be pretty surprised if thats a playoff team next year, the "north" was a one time thing and they will be facing much stiffer competition. 

Let’s not forget your number one reason. You hate Montreal. 

As for your other reasons….

Price is expected back in time

Drouin could be dynamite with Suzuki and Caufield. No reason to expect he’s going to be bad 

They still have Gallagher and Pruce, not to mention the entire team now has Stanley Cup finals experience 

The loss of Weber is big, but he wasn’t nearly their best defenceman last season due to all his injuries.  Savard and a more experienced Romanov should alleviate a lot of the loss. 

and yes. They’re playing in one of the toughest divisions in the league (as opposed to the super soft Pacific) 

Edited by qwijibo

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Let’s not forget your number one reason. You hate Montreal. 

doesn't make me wrong. And I don't hate Montreal, I think Bergeclown is a total creep. And I find MTL fans obnoxious. Don't hate the city tho. 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

As for your other reasons….

Price is expected back in time

Drouin could be dynamite with Suzuki and Caufield. No reason to expect he’s going to be bad 

They still have Gallagher and Pruce, not to mention the entire team now has Stanley Cup finals experience 

The loss of Weber is big, but he wasn’t nearly their best defenceman last season due to all his injuries.  Savard and a more experienced Romanov should alleviate a lot of the loss. 

and yes. They’re playing in one of the toughest divisions in the league (as opposed to the super soft Pacific) 

I forgot to add they lost their best C too. 

Lets put a pin in this until the end of the season and see who's right.