Silky mitts

1 minute ago, danaimo said:

Jim's offseason to do list

1. Dump bad contracts - Tick

2. Sign Petey and Huggy - Pending

3.Get top pairing Dman - Tick 

4. Get top six winger - Tick

5. Improve bottom six forwards - Tick

I'm not sure what any Canuck fan could have wanted more from GMJB.  Time will tell if OEL can put up the numbers has done in the past but if he gets 45+pts and is positive +/- for the next 3 years then the money was worth it.  So far he is 4/5 on his to do list and hopefully he can make it 5/5 in the next few weeks.

The only thing we are missing is moving Myers, somehow, someway for Connor Murphy.  Re-unite OEL with the player he played his best with and put him in the absolute best position for a rebound possible.  Would rather have Tanev than Hamonic on the 2nd pairing but it is what it is.  

23 minutes ago, highwayman3 said:

The only thing we are missing is moving Myers, somehow, someway for Connor Murphy.  Re-unite OEL with the player he played his best with and put him in the absolute best position for a rebound possible.  Would rather have Tanev than Hamonic on the 2nd pairing but it is what it is.  

No. No we’re not missing that very specific and therefore very improbable demand coming out of your head.

This team is much better today than it was two weeks ago. And that, by a far enough margin to make the playoffs.

Just the air is lighter. The hopes more realistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonoman said:

Did well this year.  Probably need  to correct corpse for corps ;) 

At least the corpse is one of the deepest in the league.

Nothing worse than a shallow grave.

I credit John Weisbrod. I’m not sure whether or not he has much of a mind for hockey, but based on his career history, I suspect he’s an expert is knowing how to properly dispose of corpses. ;) 

• Haha 2

No matter what happens, for better or worse, this is the off season JB legacy will be judged upon.   I loved his last off season.  This is what he did with all the saved contract money.   Still might be more coming after RFAs with Ferland on the LTIR.... 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

He dug a huge hole last offseason but managed to crawl out of it on Wednesday.  Aside from acquiring OEL you can't fault any move since then.  

Lol.   This off season was only possible because he didn't sign any of those guys you know that right?   And the OEL move started the domino affect we saw clearing cap. 

• Thanks 1

I like OEL. Always have. I did think it odd that he signed long term in Arizona, knowing full well that SC contention was never gonna be a factor there during his time. Ya' gotta respect that loyalty!

So I'm happy we got him now. It's a fresh start for him in a new location and in a hockey mad market ta' boot. What's not to like. If anything, if he's at least as good as Eagle was when he was OEL's age, then we're ahead. I'm not worried at all.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, highwayman3 said:

No thanks.  Myers was our best all around D last year and in the bubble.   With Edler gone we need him still.  

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

No matter what happens, for better or worse, this is the off season JB legacy will be judged upon.   I loved his last off season.  This is what he did with all the saved contract money.   Still might be more coming after RFAs with Ferland on the LTIR.... 

Still time......plus trade deadline 2022!

I'm happy enough.  No big splash on UFA means no huge overpayment on one of them.  

I don't think there was a bad signing in the bunch, and I am comfortable with the OEL trade.  I believe the D got better, and who knows what is going to happen with better coaching.

Was hoping to see a good year outta Schmidt, but if he really was unhappy and/or clashing with JT, then it is what it is, and moving him was the right thing to do.

• Cheers 2

I give JB a passing grade....at least he moved out some of his mistakes but obviously the big move has a BIG question mark on it....I imagine he is praying heavily to the Hockey Gods that OEL has a BIG rebound year and that Garland performs as expected....

Just sad that he couldn't clear enough space to get Krejci....way better than Davidson and Sutter combined....sigh....wonder why Krejci is still available....sigh....one can dream...he would have been awesome as a canuck...

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

I give JB a passing grade....at least he moved out some of his mistakes but obviously the big move has a BIG question mark on it....I imagine he is praying heavily to the Hockey Gods that OEL has a BIG rebound year and that Garland performs as expected....

Just sad that he couldn't clear enough space to get Krejci....way better than Davidson and Sutter combined....sigh....wonder why Krejci is still available....sigh....one can dream...he would have been awesome as a canuck...

Wait until you see his cap hit before worrying about him vs Sutter ... one of the few guys in our bottom six who actually could score a goal(s) last year at 1 million, one of JBs better signings.  

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

A passing grade? Wow...