The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Devils - Subban

28 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Makes us worse, not better.

Myers is a legitimate, top 4 D, I have no idea why people are thinking we should do moves that make us weaker as a team.

E37u5hSVkA4U2nX?format=jpg&name=large

E3Ug-C5VoAAU8dZ?format=jpg&name=large

Neither have great numbers but Subban's contract is over this year.

I like Myers, I Just haven't seen the play to suggest Myers is a top pairing guy.

• Hydration 2

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'd rather keep Myers.  So undervalued in this market...

Myers was really strong in the bubble.  He gets a little overzealous at times,  but is a strong skating, long reach, quality guy who wants to be here.  He also keeps himself in very good shape so he will not diminish.

What I like is that everybody has a place where they belong now.  Edler was sort of a number 1 but didn't produce enough offence. Schmidt was totally adrift and overpaid for what he brought.  Myers seemed to feel he had to do too much, OEL will settle him down.

1st pair

OEL  Myers

Hughes Hamonic

OJ Poolman

Rathbone Schenn

Brisebois Keeper

These are balanced and we have so many rhd in the system, Woo won't be rushed and will have to earn it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Myers was really strong in the bubble.  He gets a little overzealous at times,  but is a strong skating, long reach, quality guy who wants to be here.  He also keeps himself in very good shape so he will not diminish.

What I like is that everybody has a place where they belong now.  Edler was sort of a number 1 but didn't produce enough offence. Schmidt was totally adrift and overpaid for what he brought.  Myers seemed to feel he had to do too much, OEL will settle him down.

1st pair

OEL  Myers

Hughes Hamonic

OJ Poolman

Rathbone Schenn

Brisebois Keeper

These are balanced and we have so many rhd in the system, Woo won't be rushed and will have to earn it.

Agreed. I definitely like the balance this coming year compared to last.

Hopefully OEL and Myers can find some chemistry.

I'm just not overly confident that he can be a top pairing guy effectively.

• Hydration 1

On 7/29/2021 at 4:53 PM, Dazzle said:

Why would we do this? We know what we're getting with Myers. We don't with Subban.

Why would the Devils do this? They have to pay for Subban's salary AND take on Myers?

No no no no no no. Myers is far superior to Subban. I’ve never ever been a fan of subban , he’s not someone I’d want in the canucks locker room. 

1 hour ago, mrturkish said:

No no no no no no. Myers is far superior to Subban. I’ve never ever been a fan of subban , he’s not someone I’d want in the canucks locker room. 

The idea behind Myers for Subban would be that Subban would be off the books after one year (While Myers still has three years left on his contract).  

After one year, the Canucks would walk from PK Subban and then go HARD after someone like Parayko or Klingberg.  The risk obviously, is that those two players wouldn't be available (or sign with someone else), but the Canucks could explore other options with that freed up 9 million (i.e. having enough money to re-sign our upcoming UFA's and RFA's over the years, or perhaps going after another lower key UFA such as Connor Murphy, Josh Manson, etc.).  

On 8/4/2021 at 10:04 AM, Patel Bure said:

The idea behind Myers for Subban would be that Subban would be off the books after one year (While Myers still has three years left on his contract).  

After one year, the Canucks would walk from PK Subban and then go HARD after someone like Parayko or Klingberg.  The risk obviously, is that those two players wouldn't be available (or sign with someone else), but the Canucks could explore other options with that freed up 9 million (i.e. having enough money to re-sign our upcoming UFA's and RFA's over the years, or perhaps going after another lower key UFA such as Connor Murphy, Josh Manson, etc.).  

So one season of Subban then cut him lose ok so we’d be on the hook for an extra 3 million this year. We are already getting close to the cap and we haven’t signed Petey or Quinn and what about Dickinson he’s going to arbitration and that could be good or bad. So where exactly do we find this extra 3 million to get these guys signed. 

• Hydration 1