The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Ryan Reaves to Rangers for 2022 3rd-round pick

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Toughness is fine, I don't have a problem with toughness. But if you're gonna be a fourth liner who's paid almost 2m you gotta be able to do more than just hit, talk $&!#, and fight occasionally. 

Yes! And if Vancouver didn't play so bad, he would have cost them game 7 with his 5 minute major.

• Hydration 2
1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Plus we don't have to deal with him like 6 times a season. 

But now we gotta face a motivated Sven six times ……

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Assuming he actually cracks their lineup 

it would be great if he did, but let's get real.

• Hydration 3
1 minute ago, tas said:

it would be great if he did, but let's get real.

I'm rooting for him to grab an NHL job, but Vegas is weak at center not wing 

Odds are he'll be back in the AHL

59 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

First Fluery and now Reaves. 2 fan fav's moved in matter of days. Now Vegas won't play with quite the same edge. Reaves made everyone braver when in their lineup.

Good! They shouldn't have this good, this soon! I remember playing EA NHL Hockey on the Genesis and winning the cup with the Sharks, and you got a special message when you did, but that's the only time an expansion team should compete for a championship so quickly!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ohthehumanity said:

Good! They shouldn't have this good, this soon! I remember playing EA NHL Hockey on the Genesis and winning the cup with the Sharks, and you got a special message when you did, but that's the only time an expansion team should compete for a championship so quickly!

What was the special message?

I don't want any psycho's like him. But I am hoping our young tough guys like Gadz show up ready for bear. An Identity Line would draw a lot of focus off Petie. A good team has a balanced line up. A 4th line with a true 'role' to play. ie Energy, aggressive, forcheck and answer the bell if  needed. 

• Hydration 1
17 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

We do turn the other cheek too much, I agree. Players saying it or not though, teams are always gonna gun for your top guys whether you've got someone like Reaves or Wilson or not. I seriously question the impact of one player, this ain't the 80's-early to mid 2000's. The NHL has gradually moved away from fighting, and even the sort of hits that used to be acceptable. 

Knowing how things work, even if we had a guy like that he'd get hammered with suspensions. Boston, Vegas, there are teams that get away with $&!# we wouldn't. 

Teams might still start something but not as often, and you can almost guarantee a guy like Reaves ends it.. Fights are still very legal within the sport (5 min major aside). Thank GOD. And hockey is still a contact sport. Having a guy or 2 that can intimidate and back it up changes the way the entire team plays. You have guys on record saying that all the time. That said, it's still not a terrible trade for Vegas, getting a 3rd for him is decent value. 1 year left on his contract so the Rangers have flexibility if they want to let him go. It's a rare win-win.

10 minutes ago, Podz19 said:

Ya and the Tom Wilson / Panarin situation was sickening. As a fan of the sport, to allow that nonsense is absurd. The guy didn't even follow the code. He turned around, see's its Panarin on him, doesn't care and body slams a guy 45 lbs lighter than him to the ice and flexes after. What an idiot. Panarin could have lost his career from that and the league does nothing. Meanwhile, Eddy misses a hit and gets 2 games, Rome a second late and is thrown out of the finals, Torres as you say, on and on.

I always got the sense that he was mocking someone - maybe Buchnevich? But I'm not sure we have an angle showing what he was responding to from the NYR player. Not that I'm defending him, I did think what he did warranted a suspension but I don't agree with throwing the book at him for that. He was also punching Buchnevich in the head which is what started the whole thing. You would hope DoPS factored that into their ruling to at least push it into suspension territory for them.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Making room for a $10M contract with him and MAF. 

They’re still over the cap.

Only way they fit Eichel is if they ship out around 13 million in cap.

Players like Smith, Tuch, and Stephenson would have to be part of the deal.

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So the Rangers traded a 3rd round pick for a player who's sole purpose is to beat up Tom Wilson?

kids laughing.gif

The joke is Wilson can actually play hockey.

• Hydration 1
5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So the Rangers traded a 3rd round pick for a player who's sole purpose is to beat up Tom Wilson?

kids laughing.gif

I mean… it’ll be worth it. :lol:

Also, glad he’s out of the division.  Only guy in the organization id want fighting him is Big Mac and he’s not a lock for the 4th line.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They’re still over the cap.

Only way they fit Eichel is if they ship out around 13 million in cap.

Players like Smith, Tuch, and Stephenson would have to be part of the deal.

Krebs, Hague, Smith and a 1sr round pick might get the conversation going...