Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Ryan Reaves to Rangers for 2022 3rd-round pick


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Krebs, Hague, Smith and a 1sr round pick might get the conversation going...

That doesn’t solve the cap space.

 

Still need about 8 million in that package.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That doesn’t solve the cap space.

 

Still need about 8 million in that package.

If you throw in more roster players then that just means Vegas would have more holes to fill.  You would need to add in Tuch as well. but then you have 3 roster spots to fill.  Losing both Reaves and Tuch to add Eichel would make Vegas pillowy soft.  They'd have to be forced to wear those gold helmets again...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

If you throw in more roster players then that just means Vegas would have more holes to fill.  You would need to add in Tuch as well. but then you have 3 roster spots to fill.  Losing both Reaves and Tuch to add Eichel would make Vegas pillowy soft.  They'd have to be forced to wear those gold helmets again...

Yes but there’s something called the cap.

 

They can’t add Eichel without clearing at least 13 million.

 

Meaning it ain’t happening.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I honestly don't get there plan anymore.

Well, it sure isn't building through the draft. Including this year, Vegas has drafted a total of 40 players. Only Cody Glass (traded), Nick Suzuki (traded), Erik Brannstrom (traded) and Nicolas Hague (90 games in Vegas) has played games in the NHL. Those trades brought Nolan Patrick (meh), Max Pacioretty, (eleven years older than Suzuki), and Mark Stone (eight years older than Brannstrom). From this it is clear that Vegas intends to buy their way to the Stanley Cup because they have no history of player development. Nowhere on earth loves a winner as much as Vegas, but nobody loves a loser, so Vegas management is under constant pressure to ice a high performance team regardless of future cost. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So the Rangers traded a 3rd round pick for a player who's sole purpose is to beat up Tom Wilson?

 

kids laughing.gif

If I was the Rangers I'd have been willing to pay a 1st round pick if it meant getting someone to beat up Tom Wilson :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Well, it sure isn't building through the draft. Including this year, Vegas has drafted a total of 40 players. Only Cody Glass (traded), Nick Suzuki (traded), Erik Brannstrom (traded) and Nicolas Hague (90 games in Vegas) has played games in the NHL. Those trades brought Nolan Patrick (meh), Max Pacioretty, (eleven years older than Suzuki), and Mark Stone (eight years older than Brannstrom). From this it is clear that Vegas intends to buy their way to the Stanley Cup because they have no history of player development. Nowhere on earth loves a winner as much as Vegas, but nobody loves a loser, so Vegas management is under constant pressure to ice a high performance team regardless of future cost. 

Yes,  Except they are running out of currency, that is their previous bonanza of picks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

here our the tough guys in our division now

 

Van: MacEwen, Schenn, 

Cal: Lucy, Ritchie, Coleman, Tkachuk

Edm: Nurse, Kassian, Foegle

Sea: Oleksiak. Twarynski, Soucy

Ana: Deslauriers, Manson

LA: Lemieux

SJ: Viel, Kane

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Can't help but think this is the Rangers' response to Tom Wilson.

I figured this would happen after Dolan fired his President and GM for disagreeing with his statement calling out the nhl. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So the Rangers traded a 3rd round pick for a player who's sole purpose is to beat up Tom Wilson?

 

kids laughing.gif

I think the nhl set the precedence for this. When Wilson pulled up on his stick while pounding Buchnevich’s head down (Sneakily the dirtiest thing I’ve ever seen in any hockey league anywhere) then proceeded to power bomb Panarin. 
 

 I can’t imagine fans here taking it to well if someone like lucic did something like attacked Hoglander and then choke slammed Pettersson and only got $5000 as discipline. 
 

I personally feel now that mr Reaves and mr Wilson have 7 or 8 dates lined up and  as an old hockey fan, am looking forward to it.

  • Hydration 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I think the nhl set the precedence for this. When Wilson pulled up on his stick while pounding Buchnevich’s head down (Sneakily the dirtiest thing I’ve ever seen in any hockey league anywhere) then proceeded to power bomb Panarin. 
 

 I can’t imagine fans here taking it to well if someone like lucic did something like attacked Hoglander and then choke slammed Pettersson and only got $5000 as discipline. 
 

I personally feel now that mr Reaves and mr Wilson have 7 or 8 dates lined up and  as an old hockey fan, am looking forward to it.

 

Yeah I would have probably traded a 3rd round pick just to see Reaves put Matheson in the hospital...

  • Hydration 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...