The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael ferlund retires?

Rate this topic

aznmonk

10 hours ago, aznmonk said:

Essentially retired, is different than signing his retirement papers.

Staying on LTIR, he continues to earn.

Signing retirement papers, means he no longer pulls money from his contract.

15 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Essentially retired, is different than signing his retirement papers.

Staying on LTIR, he continues to earn.

Signing retirement papers, means he no longer pulls money from his contract.

And when you retire because you want to the team gets punished for years(Luongo)

6 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah florida did but a special FU by bettman rule was dropped on us and only us 

Richards in LA.

and iirc a couple of others.

Canucks got hosed the most, so far, but not the only team.

Despite the league changing the rule again, to spread the pain of Weber's re capture, if he retires, Nashville will be on the hook for some payback

• Cheers 2

A hard decision for Ferland to make I’m sure, but the right one for his future and his family. As someone that also suffers the after effects of concussions, I hope that your health improves and that you are able to find peace with how things ended. All the best to you and your family, and best of luck in your future endeavours!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Sad because he would have been a game changer for us.  

Ferland was a beast of a player and was talented enough that could have played in the top 6.  

His play in 2014 against us was one of the best individual performances Ive seen against the Nucks ever.  Physically, he just wrecked us and was absolutely relentless every shift.   

• Cheers 1

Would have been the perfect piece to rotate into any 4 lines..

unfortunate to have careers end this way, some, in Junior or the minors, never make a nickle . 
have no regret MF ,  looking out for yourself is the best respect you can give.

• Vintage 1

20 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Do him the respect and write his name right as this will probably be the thank you thread for him

It's auto correct.  Didn't proof read it.. was excited to have a first post.  But mods welcome to close the thread and open up a thank you thread I guess.  I don't know how to fix. As this was and only thread I'll be making...

On 7/30/2021 at 10:32 AM, gurn said:

Richards in LA.

and iirc a couple of others.

Canucks got hosed the most, so far, but not the only team.

Despite the league changing the rule again, to spread the pain of Weber's re capture, if he retires, Nashville will be on the hook for some payback

Weber will be a LTIR as well. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:49 PM, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

A hard decision for Ferland to make I’m sure, but the right one for his future and his family. As someone that also suffers the after effects of concussions, I hope that your health improves and that you are able to find peace with how things ended. All the best to you and your family, and best of luck in your future endeavours!

Hope you are ok as well Roger...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Thanks spook. Appreciate that. I’m doing alright. Still get bad days once and a while with vertigo symptoms. Can last an hour or can last a week. Thankfully not as frequent these days. Cheers

Cheers amigo. Hope you'll get over it in time.

• Like 1

Easier to move that contract with it confirmed he won’t play again.  Last reports were that he wanted to try again.

Unlike the last previous years, there are some teams that might struggle to reach the floor.  There are also some that could trade for LTIR relief.

If the reports are true that it isn’t an insured contract, it would be the latter that could be a possible deal as cheap teams don’t want to spend actual dollars.

Edited by Provost