The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] Time to trade Oli Jouveli?

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

How is that even compareable when they arent on the same team?

I think what Kobay is saying is that the logic of someone having played more NHL games being indicative of them being a better option is faulted. 

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

How is that even compareable when they arent on the same team?

Pretty sure your argument was fully based on the fact that Hunt was better because he's played more NHL games, but then you went on to say Rathbone was better than Joulevi (Which is the same team and invalidates your argument)

Either way, you can feel that Hunt is better than Joulevi and Brisebois, because it's a discussion forum and that's the point of it.  I just think Brisebois and Joulevi are better than Hunt.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

JP berry said today that he doesnt think jim is done trading. Imo i think the team is all in on Rathbone and cant really think of who else would jim would think of trading especially now that we know hunt can jump into the lineup now incase of injuries. 

Not sure what his value is around the league is but maybe we can get a 2nd for him as a young kinda big dman with upside that teams are looking for. Brian Burke is one that said he has all the tools to be a great player invthe league during his draft year. 

wonder if theres a way to get schneider from the rangers who are looking for a young LHD. 

25 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Why u so mad? Jouveli has done absolutely nothing get a clue 

Psst. Get a clue. Why would he be worth a 2nd then? :picard:

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

As well, did Brad Hunt knock Matthew Tkachuk on his ass last season? That was pretty awesome. 

I was surprised to see that from Juolevi. Hope to see more of that down the road.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tyler Motte could be an option for a trade.  He only has a year left on his contract and will get a decent raise as a UFA.  We have Highmore and Di Giuseppe who can play the 4th line and also Gadjovich could be a big body on that line as well.

Motte should be able to get us a decent pick back for 2022 and we free up over $1 million to sign the boys...

I would trade any of those guys before trading Tyler Motte. He’s got a motor that never stops and those are the players that help win you games, especially in the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, J-23 said:

I was surprised to see that from Juolevi. Hope to see more of that down the road.

Same. Was more than happy to see it though, and I loved how composed he was after, when Tkapuke harassed him. Speaking of that human hemorrhoid, wasn't he asking for a trade out of Calgary?

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I would trade any of those guys before trading Tyler Motte. He’s got a motor that never stops and those are the players that help win you games, especially in the playoffs. 

If Gadj takes a next step and does what it takes to be an NHL regular, I can't say that I would be opposed to Motte being traded. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

JP berry said today that he doesnt think jim is done trading. Imo i think the team is all in on Rathbone and cant really think of who else would jim would think of trading especially now that we know hunt can jump into the lineup now incase of injuries. 

Not sure what his value is around the league is but maybe we can get a 2nd for him as a young kinda big dman with upside that teams are looking for. Brian Burke is one that said he has all the tools to be a great player invthe league during his draft year. 

wonder if theres a way to get schneider from the rangers who are looking for a young LHD. 

No, there is no reason to trade him. He's going to be a solid D, he was looking pretty good last year but had a rough finish with Covid.

He's not going anywhere.

The only deals I can see that may make sense at the moment would be:

Possibly move Myers, if the right option came along

Could definitely see us move Ferland's contract to any team who's hard up against the cap. Now that we know that he's not going to try and play again, there are teams that could use his contract for cap relief.

• Cheers 2