Who are the 6 guys though?

Zadorov

Valimaki

Dube 

Kylington (pfft)

Mackey (meh)

Gawdin (who?)

Not exactly high profile players. 

I dislike the Flames a lot, like any decent Canuck fan should, but they did bring in Zadorov, Coleman and Pitlick. 

They won’t sign those six for 12m

Zadorov himself was openly looking for 4+m

before his rights were traded to Calgary.

He qualifies at 3.6?

Dube should get a great bridge deal above 3m

12m is going to disappear unless he sheds big moolah.

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Flames in trouble.

Oilers in trouble

Leafs in trouble.

I don't see the problem.:)

These teams are doing great, I dont really see any problems; and isnt Dubas into analytics ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Hydration 1

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

They need to trade for Eichel, as their core forwards just aren't good enough. I'm sure Buffalo would like Gaudreau, Monahan, picks etc... they can even flip those two for more picks

Trading for Eichel would likely either push the Flames into contention status or flop so badly that they're forced to do a complete rebuild. 

In that case, I'd rather they get cold feet and commit to the current perpetual mediocrity that is their current roster.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I think that last year the Flames said “How do we get better?” and the only response they could think of was sign Vancouver players tells you they are a mess. 
I mean if I am looking for a successful team to emulate Benning’s Canucks would be pretty low down my list. 

Benning hater alert.

• Hydration 4

6 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I think that last year the Flames said “How do we get better?” and the only response they could think of was sign Vancouver players tells you they are a mess. 
I mean if I am looking for a successful team to emulate Benning’s Canucks would be pretty low down my list. 

Film GIF by Okkult Motion Pictures

ummm .. you really thought that?

• Hydration 2

I'm blown away that they still have all of gaudreau, monahan and tkachuk on their roster this late into the offseason, and they lost their only source of leadership not named tanev.

there's gotta be an eichel for monahan+++ package out there. 

Edited by tas

21 hours ago, FaninMex said:

How dare you disagree with the heroes on Sportsnet. The above is the Sportsnet value. For reference the Canucks were the worst and got Grade: D+

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-free-agency-grades-evaluating-canadian-team-day-1/

Wow, how did the Oilers get a B + LOL....What the actual F

I don't even pay for sportsnet anymore, so tired of their crap and zoning black outs and overall monopoly of our beloved game here in Canada. 

Unfortunately I've had to fork some money over for the NHL center ice package, but it is worth it to me. Put your money in what you want to support I say. This does mean I miss out on blacked out games, but I can easily watch 24 hrs later and enjoy. FU sports net!! 

23 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Simpsons Mr Burns GIF - Simpsons MrBurns Excellent - Discover & Share GIFs  | Mr burns excellent, Simpson, Gummies

I hope every single Calgary Flame..especially the turn coats...has the worst season of their lives. Then the team implodes, arena collapses and that $&!# hole city is attacked by savage zombie rodeo animals. Their entire city is razed to the ground and covered in zombie cow manure.  Then we make friends with the zombie rodeo animals and secretly send them after the ruling class. 

Brilliant! The simplest plans are always the best.

7AE42C3B-DD53-4E73-AF2B-C2CABD07703D.gif

• Hydration 2

Looked very quickly at the article, and it's about Day 1 of free agency. Canucks big signings were Poolman, Halak and Schenn, and they traded Schmidt for a 3rd, so I can see how that wasn't perceived as earth-shattering. 

The big move not considered in the grade is the trade where Benning moved bad contracts in Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel and picks for OEL and Garland.  That was awesome.

• Hydration 3

21 hours ago, FaninMex said:

How dare you disagree with the heroes on Sportsnet. The above is the Sportsnet value. For reference the Canucks were the worst and got Grade: D+

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-free-agency-grades-evaluating-canadian-team-day-1/

Yeah the clowns at Sportsnet have their noses so far up Toronto’s butt it’s amazing! Giving the Canucks a grade of D+ just goes to show that they really have absolutely no clue...

Can’t wait to see them all backtracking come February/March with comments like ‘I always liked what the Canucks were doing and GM Jim Benning really made some smart moves last summer this team may have surprised a lot of people but not me...’ 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Yeah the clowns at Sportsnet have their noses so far up Toronto’s butt it’s amazing! Giving the Canucks a grade of D+ just goes to show that they really have absolutely no clue...

Can’t wait to see them all backtracking come February/March with comments like ‘I always liked what the Canucks were doing and GM Jim Benning really made some smart moves last summer this team may have surprised a lot of people but not me...’ 

Oilers got a B+ despite getting arguably worse. 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, tas said:

I'm blown away that they still have all of gaudreau, monahan and tkachuk on their roster this late into the offseason, and they lost their only source of leadership not named tanev.

there's gotta be an eichel for monahan+++ package out there. 

Wasn’t Tvhuck looking for a change of scenery this off season?

• Hydration 1

The Flames actually have a good set of players in the team the problem with the Flames is that their core is either not clearly defined or are not the right guys to be identified as the core.

The Oilers are kind of the reverse because McDavid and Draisaitl and even Nurse are excellent plsyers to make up a team's core but lack the proper supporting players the Flames have.

Basically if you take the supporting players from the Flames + the Core of the Oilers. You have a very scary and dangerous team.

Basically the Alberta Flaming Oilers 

• Haha 1

The problem with the Flames is that they're becoming the new, old-Minnesota Wild - always in purgatory, never great and never bad enough to tank and get high picks. They went through a bit of a tank, got their Tkachuk and some others, but now have an interesting mix of a core who aren't top NHL stars.

When you look at all the successful teams, they're built around a core of 5 or 7, and Calgary's core is made up of Tkachuk (very good), Gaudreau (good), Lindholm (good), Monahan (average), Backlund (average), Hanifin (above average), Andersson (average) and Markstrom (getting worse), pick or chose.

They have a bunch of issues, one being depth scoring, another being no real puck-moving defenceman and with Giordano gone they really lack a top defenceman now. They've got a lot of different ages of their core all coming and going, some are getting better (Tkachuk), others are getting worse or leaving their prime, so it is a bit of a mess.

They can't really just start tanking now because they're too good, so they have no other choice but to ride this young, average core until they consistently lose and then start selling before it's too late. You win and die by your core and frankly I don't think Calgary's is particularly good, especially when it comes to the playoffs.

On 7/31/2021 at 10:17 AM, Bob.Loblaw said:

They need to trade Monahan and Gaudreau and rebuild.  Keep Tkachuk for now.  They cannot win with this core.

No one wants midget Gaudreau and his contract.  

Tkachuks skating is already a concern.  They should blow it up completely.