The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Spencer Martin to Canucks for future considerations

14 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i have been a fan of this team for 177 years and quite frankly i have had ENOUGH. this was the VERY last STRAW to trade away a franchise player like future considerations. WHAT is this management DOINg

I thought Future Considerations had a real shot at making the team this year :(

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vanisleryan said:

I wonder how many pages this thread will be?!?

This is an important topic and must be discussed. Nobody knows how much this move will come back to haunt us in the future. Benning didn't even take this into consideration.

Edited by TmanVan
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TmanVan said:

This is an important topic and must be discussed. Nobody knows how much this move will come back to haunt us in the future. Benning didn't even take this into consideration.

its all good, we traded the future considerations we got for Dane Fox for Martin. Its the circle of life. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

YET AGAIN JB gets taken advantage of by Tampa Bay. He keeps mortgaging our future to try to "win now", and it never works. I've had enough. Trading away our valuable future considerations for this no name prospect is the last straw.

Tired of having a GM that keeps getting fleeced by other GMs in one sided deals. 

With the amount of chicken littles in this fanbase, I really can't tell if this is serious or sarcastic.

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Fun fact,

Spencer Martin is Jonah Gadjovich's brother in law. Gadjovich just recently married Martin's sister last week.

Good trade, Canucks need a goalie to backup DiPietro. I suspect either Silovs goes back to junior as an overager or is sent to the ECHL.

Depending on what you get, Future Considerations could mean anything from, “Hey, do you have any spare pocket lint” through to, “I need you here in the next 30 minutes, please bring an old carpet and shovels”

;)

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Fun fact,

Spencer Martin is Jonah Gadjovich's brother in law. Gadjovich just recently married Martin's sister last week.

Good trade, Canucks need a goalie to backup DiPietro. I suspect either Silovs goes back to junior as an overager or is sent to the ECHL.

At this point I can't help but think that just down the road from Abbotsford is one of the best goalie coaches in the world who will surely have time to work with him and with proper honing, where exactly is his ceiling? I'm confident that Ian could almost turn anyone who is at least really good to a back up in the NHL, this is our ace in the hole when it comes to G in the system, we need Clark and he's one of the best off ice hires in franchise history.. glad that man is here, not somewhere else especially now that he can work so close to our G prospects in Abby, pretty happy about that but I confidence we'll have enough guys to work with so in an injury situation we will have someone at least reasonable NHL calibre so we don't lose games and miss the playoffs (as usual) we've had this problem for years but at least it's better than it was with any other team that we ever had before, so that's a thing! 

In Ian I trust!  :) do your thing Dr Clark! We have a new patient for you.. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

With the amount of chicken littles in this fanbase, I really can't tell if this is serious or sarcastic.

You litterally have to stop reading my mind, that's classified information ya know? :P

Actually I think a part of it for JB is the outside chance that Clark could find a diamond in the rough.. might turn into a 50/50 AHL starter and decent NHL back up material on the top of his game anddddd you never know, Clark has pulled a Thatcher out of his hat before ;) well if he does anything remotely close to that we might have a injury call up when games are on the line in the standings, one can hope.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, iceman64 said:

You litterally have to stop reading my mind, that's classified information ya know? :P

Actually I think a part of it for JB is the outside chance that Clark could find a diamond in the rough.. might turn into a 50/50 AHL starter and decent NHL back up material on the top of his game anddddd you never know, Clark has pulled a Thatcher out of his hat before ;) well if he does anything remotely close to that we might have a injury call up when games are on the line in the standings, one can hope.

Demko already had some pedigree though.  Weird how our top pick, 6th overall will likely turn out to be big dud yet for most of that draft year, there are *ALOT* of promising prospects.

12 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

At this point I can't help but think that just down the road from Abbotsford is one of the best goalie coaches in the world who will surely have time to work with him and with proper honing, where exactly is his ceiling? I'm confident that Ian could almost turn anyone who is at least really good to a back up in the NHL, this is our ace in the hole when it comes to G in the system, we need Clark and he's one of the best off ice hires in franchise history.. glad that man is here, not somewhere else especially now that he can work so close to our G prospects in Abby, pretty happy about that but I confidence we'll have enough guys to work with so in an injury situation we will have someone at least reasonable NHL calibre so we don't lose games and miss the playoffs (as usual) we've had this problem for years but at least it's better than it was with any other team that we ever had before, so that's a thing! 

In Ian I trust!  :) do your thing Dr Clark! We have a new patient for you.. 

5 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

More goaltending lottery tickets for Clark to work with!  Never a bad thing.

I know exactly what Jimbo is doing cuz I suggested it to him last night when he called me

Jimbo said “Harry what should i do different in Abby”.

I said “ Jimbo think outside of the box, and stop calling me for advice, if you keep this up im going to have to charge you.”

Jimbo” but Harry i need your hockey insight”

i said “ ok Jimbo...this is what you do. You gotta have Abby play a 2-2-2 system, 2 forwards, 2 defense man and 2 goalies”

Jimbo “ oh my god Harry your a Genius”

and that was last night, then today Jimbo got another goalie for a 2-2-2 system.

Go Canucks Go

5E722964-FA2D-4D72-BB95-F499CC3FB47E.gif

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Haha 2