The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Spencer Martin to Canucks for future considerations

19 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Riddle me this...why is it that his son Morgan Clark, who the Canucks drafted way back in 2008 with their 7th round pick never amounted to much of a professional goalie?  You would think Ian Clark would've had a chance to help Morgan develop his game, much like Jack Hughes did for his three sons? 

Morgan Clark, if memory serves, was maybe 5’11”, about 150lbs soaking wet, and not particularly naturally gifted.

Of course, nepotism goes a fair way, especially in terms of his getting drafted, but I’d also imagine that his dad had a fair amount to do with molding such an unlikely candidate into a good enough goaltender to play major junior and CIS.

Who knows what he’s have been if the Clark genes actually produced 6’6” monsters with elite levels of natural athleticism?

• Cheers 1

Just got home from Lake Biwa(overnight stay) to this overwhelming tidbit. First time swimming in yrs, & my shoulders are lamer than Nate Schmidt!

So what happens IF the future does indeed arrive, & we are deemed inconsiderate?!

What then, huh? Does all Hell brk loose?!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

ok that's an easy one, you can only be lead to be "your" absolute best which may or may not be good enough but helping someone get to that point of being right to the limit of their ability is something Clark is very good at that but in the terms of realism, you can only work with what you have right?  

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Morgan Clark, if memory serves, was maybe 5’11”, about 150lbs soaking wet, and not particularly naturally gifted.

Of course, nepotism goes a fair way, especially in terms of his getting drafted, but I’d also imagine that his dad had a fair amount to do with molding such an unlikely candidate into a good enough goaltender to play major junior and CIS.

Who knows what he’s have been if the Clark genes actually produced 6’6” monsters with elite levels of natural athleticism?

Appreciate you guys taking the time to respond...wasn't expecting a response from either of you because, as your responses indicate, it's pretty obvious that Morgan Clark didn't have the physical tools to really blossom into a bonafide professional tender.  Especially the type of style and physical stature of tenders that Ian Clark has had success developing through his career.

IMO, as much as Clark will be involved in the development of non-roster goalies, I think Curtis Sanford will be playing the key role for guys in Abby and Kalamazoo.  So, for Spencer Martin, who incidentally was the fifth goalie picked in his draft class (a pretty good starting point in his professional journey), Dipietro and Silovs, it's probably going to be Sanford who has a bigger impact on their development.  Good news is that Sanford is viewed as an extension of Clark.  Even Jake Kielly talked about how well Sanford communicated all the concepts Clark had instructed at training camp through the season.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just got home from Lake Biwa(overnight stay) to this overwhelming tidbit. First time swimming in yrs, & my shoulders are lamer than Nate Schmidt!

So what happens IF the future does indeed arrive, & we are deemed inconsiderate?!

What then, huh? Does all Hell brk loose?!

FINALLY someone asking the important questions

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

YET AGAIN JB gets taken advantage of by Tampa Bay. He keeps mortgaging our future to try to "win now", and it never works. I've had enough. Trading away our valuable future considerations for this no name prospect is the last straw.

Tired of having a GM that keeps getting fleeced by other GMs in one sided deals. 

Somebody got baaaaaned and started a new accouuuunt…..

• RoughGame 1