The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evander Kane accused of betting on Sharks games

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, JM_ said:

probably more likely no evidence 

It’s entirely possible that she just made it up to strike out at him. Some of us have been there…

That said, even if the gambling thing is completely untrue, as a hockey fan I’m done with Kane. Fantastic player, but as a human he’s just pond scum.

3 hours ago, D-Money said:

It’s entirely possible that she just made it up to strike out at him. Some of us have been there…

That said, even if the gambling thing is completely untrue, as a hockey fan I’m done with Kane. Fantastic player, but as a human he’s just pond scum.

there's just no way to know. I mean what evidence would there be of someone placing a bet in Vegas that anyone could access? 

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2021 at 2:41 PM, JM_ said:

probably more likely no evidence 

Knowing the NHL they might have found some evidence and preferred to just cover it up.  I don't know the facts but I know that the NHL has a long history of making troubling allegations disappear instead of bringing them to light whenever they can get away with it.

On 9/9/2021 at 7:19 AM, JM_ said:

there's just no way to know. I mean what evidence would there be of someone placing a bet in Vegas that anyone could access? 

EVERYTHING that goes down in Vegas is on camera.  The evidence might not be accessible to the general public, and it might be hard to find even with a warrant, but it most likely exists.  You're generally right, there's no way for you or me to know for sure at this very moment who is telling the truth, but there is a way.

Go Canucks Go!

Oh, one more thing: Kane is undoubtedly a scumbag but the NHL doesn't look very scrupulous these days either.  For example, they made the officiating scandal with Tim Peel disappear way too quickly for my liking.  I don't know how they managed to make it look like an isolated incident, but they did (as if that was an isolated incident, that's just the one time they got caught red handed).  And that's only one highly suspicious issue out of many.  There are always bad apples, i.e. individual people doing bad things, but in general the culture of any organization tends to come from the top.   I think that the NHL has become too focused on money and nothing else, and have left every other consideration behind.  Or in other words I believe that there actually are other considerations.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, nux_win said:

Knowing the NHL they might have found some evidence and preferred to just cover it up.  I don't know the facts but I know that the NHL has a long history of making troubling allegations disappear instead of bringing them to light whenever they can get away with it.

EVERYTHING that goes down in Vegas is on camera.  The evidence might not be accessible to the general public, and it might be hard to find even with a warrant, but it most likely exists.  You're generally right, there's no way for you or me to know for sure at this very moment who is telling the truth, but there is a way.

Go Canucks Go!

Oh, one more thing: Kane is undoubtedly a scumbag but the NHL doesn't look very scrupulous these days either.  For example, they made the officiating scandal with Tim Peel disappear way too quickly for my liking.  I don't know how they managed to make it look like an isolated incident, but they did (as if that was an isolated incident, that's just the one time they got caught red handed).  And that's only one highly suspicious issue out of many.  There are always bad apples, i.e. individual people doing bad things, but in general the culture of any organization tends to come from the top.   I think that the NHL has become too focused on money and nothing else, and have left every other consideration behind.  Or in other words I believe that there actually are other considerations.

it could be he's on video in Vegas. But he didn't do anything illegal, so they wouldn't be compelled to hand it over to anyone. 

The guy needs some help. 

30 minutes ago, nux_win said:

Go Canucks Go!

If Kane was betting on hockey, I would expect he'd have others place bets for him, and he would be gambling with illegal books.  The guy could be in deep with some nasty people.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Kane was betting on hockey, I would expect he'd have others place bets for him, and he would be gambling with illegal books.  The guy could be in deep with some nasty people.

You mean even worse than the NHL mob?

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 2:10 PM, nux_win said:

Go Canucks Go!

Colin Campbell is still employed after written proof of his corruption was made public.  The NHL simply doesn't care about the integrity of the game at all, and it won't start until Bettman is replaced with a commissioner who respects the sport.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Man, why does this always happen to players that are local to us :(. It really gives the rest of Canada a bad perception of our locals :(

Don't take it personally, there are plenty of a-holes everywhere.   But it is kind of interesting how the "character" players we idolize, usually don't come from cities.   

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1