The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evander Kane accused of betting on Sharks games

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

If Kane doesn't play, it's possible former Canucks prospect Jonathan Dahlen is given a top 6 role.

Sharks LWs after Kane are Dahlen, Barabanov, Balcers, and Cogliano.

Yikes.

FTFY

Edited by D-Money

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

:lol: fair. The whole team is a mess, and refusing the obvious.

They have a long rebuild ahead of them.

I gotta say, I knew with those huge contracts to aging players that the reckoning was coming. But I suspected they’d still have at least a couple years of competing after signing Karlsson to that extension.

But the whole thing just collapsed immediately. It was stunning. And now there’s no hope in sight. $26.5M committed to Burns, Vlasic, and Karlsson (with 4, 5, & 6 years left on their deals, respectively).

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

But the whole thing just collapsed immediately. It was stunning. And now there’s no hope in sight. $26.5M committed to Burns, Vlasic, and Karlsson (with 4, 5, & 6 years left on their deals, respectively).

Do you know what this is? The world's smallest violin ...

For the Sharks, not you :).  Especially after that BS playoff series, with the refs tripping over themselves to give it to the Sharks.

4 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Could COVID protocol violations be grounds to terminate his contract? I'm sure San Jose would love an out, this dude is a never-ending distraction.

Since the league hasn't specified punishment (per the article), I doubt that terminating the contract is a possibility.

5 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I gotta say, I knew with those huge contracts to aging players that the reckoning was coming. But I suspected they’d still have at least a couple years of competing after signing Karlsson to that extension.

Even though they made the WCF in 2019, I thought that was their last chance at a cup with this core. Felt like they had a couple more years in them though, even if it was just early exits.

Was hoping for another SJ/Vegas series, with more controversy :lol:

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

That is a long time

Would not be surprised if the league lets or creates a loop hole for them

Report: Evander Kane Accused of Using Fake Vaccination Card

An investigation is underway of San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane over allegations he violated the NHL’s COVID-19 protocols by using a fake vaccination card.

Evander Kane

According to A.J. Perez of Front Office Sports, an investigation is underway of San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane over allegations he violated the NHL’s COVID-19 protocols by using a fake vaccination card.

The act is illegal in both Canada and the United States. In the United States, someone who buys a fake COVID-19 vaccination can be sent to jail for put to six months and forced to pay a fine up to $750,000.

The news comes a week after reports surfaced that Kane was being investigated for violating the NHL's COVID-19 protocols. While the league hasn't made sanctions against using fake COVID-19 cards a public topic, the NHL is cracking down on Coronavirus violations this season in a big way.

This news comes after the NHL cleared Kane of allegations by his estranged wife that he bet on his own games. However, the league is currently investigating abuse claims, also made by Anna Kane.

Kane is not currently participating in Sharks' training camp.

Edited by nuckin_futz

On 9/29/2021 at 12:08 AM, D-Money said:

To be fair Burns hasn't really slowed down yet, and Karlsson still seems to be a top 4 offensive Dman. 

Besides pretty sure all 3 will eventually go to LTIR