The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evander Kane accused of betting on Sharks games

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Can't believe people are taking this seriously. 

Disgruntled ex spouse making accusations like this holds very little weight.

Zero burger. 

I wouldn't take it that far, but yes, these are just accusations at this point - nothing has been proven.

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Zero burger. 

I wouldn't dismiss it wholeheartedly. Professional Bank has already sued him for fraud, so I'm betting it possible he's desperate enough to risk gambling on games he can influence.

• Cheers 3

16 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Zero burger. 

Oh don't be so sure to judge on either side.

Many do use desperation and lash out but it isn't always unfounded.  Sometimes it's the truth and it's ugly...which is why they use it as ammo. Disgruntled or not, these are serious allegations that needed to be treated as such.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Thank you! I believe they're both narcissistic in their own ways.

Their relationship was bound to fail because of their character defects.

Since I'm not familiar with their dynamic, I don't want to speculate as to if they have character defects or not (though I think enough has been made public in the past about Evander to assume he probably does). But, as a person who grew up in a household of addiction, I can legitimately say that sometimes good people who remain in that environment too long become completely different people than they started out. All the cheating and lying and gambling he's done over the years could (and most likely did) have some kind of impact on her becoming the person she has outwardly exhibited through those Instagram posts.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Drewman said:

Since I'm not familiar with their dynamic, I don't want to speculate as to if they have character defects or not (though I think enough has been made public in the past about Evander to assume he probably does). But, as a person who grew up in a household of addiction, I can legitimately say that sometimes good people who remain in that environment too long become completely different people than they started out. All the cheating and lying and gambling he's done over the years could (and most likely did) have some kind of impact on her becoming the person she has outwardly exhibited through those Instagram posts.

That's a great takeaway from this situation. You're absolutely right. Thank you for sharing your perspective on this.

That being said, she is responsible for her own behaviour, and what she's doing doesn't reflect her very well. We can come up with excuses/reasons and what not for what she's doing, but it doesn't change the fact that she shifted from him abandoning the household to her making snarky comments about his gambling. There is a certain level of immaturity that bleeds through her posts that cannot be explained by what he did.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Zero burger. 

lol? You dont believe a bankrupt person who's lost his whole lifetime earnings of around 50million on gambling or whatever he does would bet on his own games? Not one bit? Let's just throw names at the wife like disgrunted. The guy's a mess. 

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

So what did I say about two sides to the story?

@Aladeen

What is he going to say? Yah I gamble on my games? I literally only see my daughter when it’s conviennent for me?

What he tried to FaceTime his daughter between parties? Wow father of the year, guess you proved me wrong. 

1 hour ago, NucksCelts said:

I’ve been with enough bat-shi* crazy broads to know what we’re dealing with here. I am sure Evander ain’t no angel but this broad is about as credible as the mainstream media. 

Donald - is that you? :emot-parrot:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Zero burger. 

I believe there is truth to both sides.    Yes she’s pissed and is doing whatever she can to ruin his career.  Woman can be evil when they are angry and hurt.   

At the same time I’m pretty sure this clown has made bets and against San Jose.   It would explain his garbage play in the past.  

6 minutes ago, sassbs said:

I believe there is truth to both sides.    Yes she’s pissed and is doing whatever she can to ruin his career.  Woman can be evil when they are angry and hurt.   

At the same time I’m pretty sure this clown has made bets and against San Jose.   It would explain his garbage play in the past.  

Can you be more specific? Otherwise this looks dangerously like a confirmation bias.

Edited by Dazzle

6 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

Also pretty sure you can bet on everything in a game these days - like colour of laces in skates etc lol. With games like Props etc a player could make some money off his own play in ways that may not show up on a boxscore sheet. 

Yup another factor that's a possibility, with how much money is involved in sports betting now a days it's to hard to ignore the possibility, and how does an addict ignore betting on the sport he knows the best.... I have a hard time believing his recent statement, I get he has a right to his side, but a guy who is addicted to gambling, was like $27M in debt or something, and I'm going to sit here and try and believe this guy didn't try betting on any hockey games now.... Okay.

This is the problem when you allow gambling in sports. 

Gambling, especially now when it’s all become basically legal, leads to corruption. 

This was the one thing Bettman fought against many years ago and was the one redeeming quality he had.

I’m not surprised that a degenerate gambler like EK would be implicated in such activities. I’m sure there are way more folks like him. Not just players but also referees and linesmen.

23 hours ago, Dazzle said:

What's up with our Vancouver boys? They're horrible. :lol:

I think they're both immature. Why is she taking this on IG? Why isn't she dealing this with the league privately? She's putting him on full blast on IG seemingly for the attention. I don't believe for a second that she doesn't have money to buy essentials, period.

Still, Kane is just terrible.

$hitty people usually attract each other.  

She's driving a Mercedes G Wagon but doesn't have money for formula?  

So glad that we didn't acquire Kane when we had the chance.