The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Prediction) Under Brad Shaw Poolman will be better than Tanev

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

Big call but to be honest, Tanev is going to tire sooner or later and younger blood like Poolman is what this team needs to rely on. I think he'd be the perfect partner for Ekman-Larsson really, a completely new, fresh top pairing for us out of nowhere.

Edler-Tanev served us well for years, now it's time to move on and this is the best way. Poolman played some big minutes for Winnipeg and really flew under the radar but was brilliant on their PK.

I think we go with something like this:

OEL (23 mins) - Poolman (21 mins)

Hughes (21 mins) - Hamonic (19 mins)

Rathbone/Juolevi (15 mins) - Myers (21 mins)

Schenn

PK will be interesting because all of our shutdown guys are righties, but I'm sure they can move about. Poolman, Hamonic, Myers, OEL and Juolevi will share PK time in that order most likely.

Purely defensively (eg. stick work, positioning), Tanev has the advantage but Poolman does bring some physicality to his game that Tanev is lacking.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Hes better defensively than schmidt so that makes our team better already

He is wayyyyy better defensively than Schmidt. If Schmidt played his minutes against the same guys his contract would look real bad. 

With that being said they are way different players bringing different elements.

Edited by #Canucks
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, #Canucks said:

He is wayyyyy better defensively than Schmidt. If Schmidt played his minutes against the same guys his contract would look real bad. 

With that being said they are way different players brining different elements.

Schmidt has the worst contract in the league.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2