The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Avalanche sign Ryan Murray

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's been hurt his whole career.  He makes Tanev look like an iron man. 

Maybe he will just stand in front of his own net, no matter where the puck is on the ice?  Maybe it’s guys named Murray, because this guy skates like Douglas.  He’s a:

image.png.e87870b28044b120525960cae6a593c9.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Spoosh said:

Not bad at all. If the Avs had a #1 goalie I’d say they would be my bet to win the cup next year.

People have been saying they are a “favorite to win the cup” for 3 or four years now. Not sure why, but they seem to go full leaf mode and choke in the playoffs. 

Their talent is starting to catch up to their salary cap, so they might plateau sooner rather than later. Wont be able to ride Macks five mill per for very much longer. 

• Like 1

Just now, MystifyNCrucify said:

People have been saying they are a “favorite to win the cup” for 3 or four years now. Not sure why, but they seem to go full leaf mode and choke in the playoffs. 

Their talent is starting to catch up to their salary cap, so they might plateau sooner rather than later. Wont be able to ride Macks five mill per for very much longer. 

Avs top guys are great on attack with puck on stick.  Those same guys commit a lot of horrid turnovers, in heavy hockey, in the neutral zone, and give up high danger chances as a result.  Without the puck their play really isn’t very good, and that gets exposed in heavy playoff hockey.  

• Thanks 1

man what a horrible draft year

people complain abut Gaunce, but most of the early first stank and 3 players played more games in the next 15 picks

coulda had Skai or Pearson but not much else in the late first early second

Tom Wilson might be the best pick

Avalanche roster looking much worse than last season.

IN: Helm, Maitsev, Matteau, Sherwood, Murray, MacDermid, Kuemper

OUT: Donskoi, Saad, Calvert, Soderberg, Bellemare, Graves, Nemeth, Timmins, Grubauer

That's a massive drop in the quality of their depth players. They might have enough cap space to sign one more decent forward but such a disappointing off season imo

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Steal for a 4/5 DFD. :bigblush:

What a concept that it is...paying players what they're worth....at an affordable rate and reasonable term.

Certain teams would benefit to learn from that.

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

What a concept that it is...paying players what they're worth....at an affordable rate and reasonable term.

Certain teams would benefit to learn from that.

5 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Steal for a 4/5 DFD. :bigblush:

Just laughable.

Ryan Murray, as other posters have said, has been hurt his entire career. I think if Canucks were looking long term at a defenseman, I don't think Murray's the right choice.

• Wat 1

15 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Just laughable.

Ryan Murray, as other posters have said, has been hurt his entire career. I think if Canucks were looking long term at a defenseman, I don't think Murray's the right choice.

Yes he is injured quite often.

But it's still a team-friendly deal for a player of his caliber.

Put the pitchforks away.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Yes he is injured quite often.

But it's still a team-friendly deal for a player of his caliber.

Put the pitchforks away.

Can’t say definitively that this is a team friendly deal or not until games are played. I’d say the risk is mitigated because of the term and reasonable cost but whose to say this isn’t an overpayment when the player is on the IR or is consistently exposed on the ice.