The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

@Canuck Surfer

hockey is a fickle beast…. Last night I got points for a playoff shutout. My goaltender facing only 16 shots…

Last night EDM’s goalie faced a record 79 shots, and almost came out on top.

regardless of how this ends, hats off the Shesterkin today for his gladiator-like performance last night.

Edited by greensman
  • Like 1

The Kings won't be offering contracts to pending UFA's Danny Dekeyser, Victor Rask, Jujhar Khaira or Scott Harrington ahead of free agency, though the doors aren't closed on a return if a fit arises later in the summer.

As for our pending RFA's, it's unlikely that Santeri Virtanen and Dominic Turgeon will be tendered qualifying offers. Pius Suter and Filip Hallander will certainly be getting theirs while longer term deals will also be looked at, while Brandon Gignac and Brandon Kruse will likely be qualified and given another look after coming over at the trade deadline this past spring.

With the second best odds on Tuesday's draft lottery, the fortunes of the Kings ahead of the draft will be told. But regardless of where we pick in July, we may consider moving the pick or trading down in the first round if the right deal presents itself...

6.2 – Draft Lottery Guidelines

The draft lottery will occur in two phases. 

Phase One will take place directly after the regular season has ended.  The 14 teams that miss the playoffs will be eligible to enter the draft lottery. Teams eligible for the draft lottery will be entered into a randomized number generator with equal odds, giving each team a number from 1 to 14. 

Phase Two will take place directly alongside the NHL draft lottery.  The number that teams received in Stage One will link them to NHL teams in the NHL Draft Lottery. (eg. - The team who received number 1 in Stage One will be linked to the NHL team with the highest odds to win the draft lottery, number 2 linked to the team with the 2nd highest odds, and so on.) The team that wins the draft lottery will have the right to select 1st overall. If a team has traded their draft pick, the team that holds the draft pick will be entered into the draft lottery in the corresponding position as the original team.  Draft lottery results impact the draft order for the first round only.  All subsequent rounds will be determined solely by the CDCGML Regular Season Standings.

Unless anyone has any objections, I'll be running Phase One of the Draft Lottery to determine odds order for NHL draft lottery tomorrow.

This will happen via live stream on Discord if anyone would like to join and watch.

• Thanks 2

Pre tonight - playoff results from @Gator

image.png.95738f41c295adc8fa56c5d2dc682b19.png

The Nashville Predators are the first team eliminated from the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs.

- In turn: All Colorado Avalanche players are now inactive until round 2 of the playoffs.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

The VGK first is transferred to Seattle if memory serves me correct because former Vegas GM Falcon45 failed to make post his expansion draft list in time. If memory serves me right @greensman pardoned all other affects clubs but opted to keep the Vegas 1st in 2022. Please correct me if i am incorrect.

I have no idea where the ANA 1st is on the sheets. I will update the pick association post lotto later tonight for those who find the above confusing. Updated pick ownership based on discussions with GM's. Assuming I have been given the correct information it should be accurate. 

animated arrow pointing down iconsymbol white Stock Footage Video (100%  Royalty-free) 1033401992 | Shutterstock

Edited by Rush17

Okay guys, we mixed up putting that order together. the entire result list is supposed to link teams for draft lottery odds, not just the top 2. We made a mistake and reverted the rest of the teams back to their standings position, but that's supposed to happen AFTER the draft lottery, not before. So we will have to adjust that. Sorry about this mix-up. Correct list coming shortly.

Again, this only shuffles team draft order for the lottery. If you're not one of the 2 teams drawn in the lottery, you revert back to your standings order position behind the two lottery winners.

Thanks to @Gator for pointing out the mistake.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I've been advised the PIT 1st was traded back to PIT. Need league or team confirmation that is where it resides.

I can’t remember if the trades were posted at the deadline but yes, Pittsburgh did re-acquire it’s 1st in a trade. 

To Vancouver 

Artemi Panarin *$3,000,000 retained for the 2021-22 season and the 2022-23 season*

To Pittsburgh

Roope Hintz

Ridley Greig

PIT 1st 2022

Van 3rd 2023

Scrambled evenly weighted lottery odd results: Phase 1.

GML RANK GML TEAM ORDER GM Phase 1 POS NHL TEAM AFFILIATION ODDS
4 DAL Theminister -> 1 Montreal 18.50%
16 PIT ActionJax09 -> 2 Arizona 13.50%
15 STL Devron44 -> 3 Seattle 11.50%
7 ANA Andre LePlum -> 4 Philadelphia 9.50%
12 DET (via TOR) Ilunga -> 5 New Jersey 8.50%
1 CAR (Via NYR) Tony Romo -> 6 Chicago (Via CBJ) 7.50%
11 TBL Tylez -> 7 Ottawa 6.50%
8 MTL Snowflake -> 8 Detroit 6.00%
5 BOS Sharpshooter -> 9 Buffalo 5.00%
13 SEA (Via VGK) Greensman -> 10 Anaheim 3.50%
9 SJ ThatMike -> 11 San Jose 3.00%
14 NYI Vacant -> 12 Columbus 2.50%
6 CHI Sludge -> 13 NY Islanders 2.00%
2 LAK Arby -> 14 Winnipeg 1.50%
10 MTL (Via CGY) Snowflake -> 15 Vancouver 0.50%
3 DET (Via FLA) Ilunga -> 16 Buffalo (Via VGK) 0.50%

GML RANK = Your position pre-lottery (1 being the 32nd ranked team in the NHL)

GML TEAM ORDER = Adjusted position for phase 1 of the lottery. (Teams will remain in this formation until the NHL lotto is complete).
NHL TEAM AFFILIATION = The NHL team your club is tied to in the NHL's Draft Lottery.

Teams that fail to win the lottery with their new odds will revert back to their original GML Rank below the two winners.

For example say TBL wins 1st OA and SJ wins 2nd overall. (NOT the results)

1) TBL (Winner 1)

2) SJ (Winner 2)

3) CAR (Via NYR)

4) LAK

5) DET (Via FLA)

6) DAL

7) BOS

8) MTL

9) SJ

etc.. etc..

Pre lottery order is listed here.

GML RANK GML TEAM ORDER GM
1 CAR (Via NYR) Tony Romo
2 LAK Arby
3 DET (Via FLA) Ilunga
4 DAL Theminister
5 BOS Sharpshooter
6 CHI Sludge
7 ANA Andre LePlum
8 MTL Snowflake
9 SJ ThatMike
10 MTL (Via CGY) Snowflake
11 TBL Tylez
12 DET (via TOR) Ilunga
13 SEA (Via VGK) Greensman
14 NYI Vacant
15 STL Devron44
16 PIT ActionJax09

If you don't win with the scrambled evenly weighted lottery odds in the top chart. You will revert back to the position on this chart below the winners. Teams can only fall a maximum of two spots. These changes were introduced last draft.

Edited by Rush17