The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Yeah committed to him early to see his development. Wasn't sure if he would even come over and when I heard he signed a deal, I was very excited and even had him pencilled into my lineup, which was why I made Francouz available.

The crazy part isn't that they arrested him (which is ridiculous in itself), but the fact that he's seemingly fallen ill after some injection that was "doctor prescribed" and now he's "hospitalized" but not listed as a patient and his lawyers and family aren't even allowed to go see him.

This is devastating in the hockey sense, but much worse for him and his family and friends.

and all of that happened at a military enlistment office. 

My wife is Russian... i wouldn't believe any of this if she hadn't been telling me about life there for the past decade. This is common in daily life, this is just one notable person which has drawn attention.

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

SIGNING: The Dallas Stars have re-signed the following players

Mikey Dipietro - 2 years x $925,000 per year

Jonathan Dahlen - 2 years x $1.1M per year

Riley Tufte - 1 year x $900,000 per year

Wade Allison - 1 year x $900,000 per year

Sean Day - 1 year x $800,000 per year

Anders Bjork - 2 year x $1.65M per year

Christian Fischer - 2 year x $1.3M per year

Morgan Frost - 2 year x $1.0M per year

Filip Larsson - 2 year x $850,000 per year

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

New Jersey Devils (2000 - Pres)Get Carter!

The New Jersey Devils have come to terms with veteran forward Jeff Carter on a new deal that will likely see the 37 year old forward retire in New Jersey. After a 45 point season and nearly hitting 20 goals for a 12th season, Jeff Carter found a role playing a top nine center position and playing up on the top six when injuries piled up. Still owning a dangerous shot Jeff Carter remains capable of hitting the 20 goal neighborhood this upcoming season. This is Jeff's second stint with the Devils. Our thanks to Jeff and his representation agent @Ty Webb during this process finding a deal that works for both sides.

AVvXsEgkl0iYGSCYSLzN9IsUrOQ06iURhWl1S7LNnAHzVrxWU2jwj43p64z5A8t1sEh9kw7x8gfpvZ7KP2z063qrhJ-HT1XhocTK5kyv3Dnw_ZFTh5vW89DnTthlHgPJuxxE7vYlBJETE70H_kOik0Z7oAV0z8iTIAUaYfimZ6WT7ld4CnWytzzEKuoRj5gQRA=w400-h266

Jeff Carter has re-signed with the Devils on a two year deal that will pay him $ 2,500,000 per season over the next two seasons. A full no-movement-clause is in effect for the upcoming season.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, arby18_ said:

SIGNING: The Detroit Red Wings have re-signed RFA Jesse Puljujarvi to a 5-year contract extension.   

spacer.png : Jesse Puljujarvi - Five-year contract worth $25.0 million dollars ($5.0m per season)

----------------------------------

arby18_ AGENCY

Very happy to have tied up Jesse for five more years.

We traded for him when I took over as GM and while he is a streaky, with help from our coaches, we believe that he has all the tools to become a top RW in this league.

Thanks to Agent Arby for the cordial negotiations.

• Vintage 1

16 hours ago, greensman said:

Crazy...

Always scouting, as I'm sure you all are, i just checked in on an exciting goalie prospect i was dying to offer on, only to find he`s at the heart of the severance between russian and american hockey... it seems that those that were nervous or tentative about russian players at the draft may have been exactly correct.

Ivan Fedetov led CSKA Moscow to the Gagarin Cup last season, and announced this spring that he`d be coming to america to play with the Flyers. A silver medal winner in Beijing. 

Ivan was detained at a military office two days ago, drugged by injection, and taken to hospital and not allowed to talk to his family. He was cited and charged with evading military duty, and has been tied to rumours of being shipped away to a northern prison camp, as well as being possibly threatened with immediate duty in the Ukraine. 

Insanity. I can`t imagine anyone will be announcing plans to leave the KHL anytime soon... I even fear for professional players that have returned home, and their chances of returning.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3423724/absolutely-insane-story-coming.-flyers-goalie-ivan-fedetov-has-been-detained-in-russia-and-theyre-allegedly-forcing-him-to-join-the-military

https://www.insidethegames.biz/index.php/articles/1125195/fedotov-hospitalised-military-service

There is a thread about this in the General Hockey section. 

Sucks so bad. 

Times like this, the war and actions like this, I wish there really was a hell and Putin had one way ticket.

7 hours ago, Ty Webb said:

SIGNING: The Detroit Red Wings have re-signed Cale Fleury to a two year contract.

small.png Cale Fleury - 2 year, $2 million dollar contract. ($1m AAV)

Glad to have Cale sign on for another 2 years.

He joins his brother in signing an extension and hopefully he will continue to grow his game. 

Thanks to Agent Ty Webb for the negotiations. 

We only have one more of our RFA's to hear back from, Tristan and then we will have tied up all our Restricted Free Agents.