The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

15 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He’s not yours. Neither will be the Cup, you high-horsed son of a bitch. 

all about the drama eh bud.. I find it hilarious you constantly reply publicly, but when I took it to the DMs all I get are crickets from you.. It's a show for you, so don't sit there and try and play little victim. There's a reason I throw shade at you. Hash it out privately like a man, don't be a little drama queen :emot-parrot:

Edited by Gator

8 minutes ago, Gator said:

all about the drama eh bud.. I find it hilarious you constantly reply publicly, but when I took it to the DMs all I get are crickets from you.. It's a show for you, so don't sit there and try and play little victim. Hash it out privately like a man, don't be a little drama queen :emot-parrot:

I’m happy to deal with it in the DM’s. 

Your previous DM degrading my decision to acquire a player was more than telling. 

If you want to squash hostilities, then I’m more than happy to do so. 

I’m not the guy that you think is your bitch. Do or say what you want in the thread, it’s all good. 

Be a piece of $&!# to me, and you’ll get more than that in return. 

Your move &^@# face. 

Edited by Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I’m happy to deal with it in the DM’s. 

Your previous DM degrading my decision to acquire a player was more than telling. 

If you want to squash hostilities, then I’m more than happy to do so. 

I’m not the guy that you think is your bitch. Do or say what you want in the thread, it’s all good. 

Be a piece of $&!# to me, and you’ll get more than that in return. 

Your move &^@# face. 

Degrading your decision to acquire a player? .. Who, and when? .. Thats news to me :lol:

As for squashing beef, sure. You know how to reach me privately to have a conversation. Until I hear from you privately and have an adult conversation I can't see the beef ever being squashed

24 minutes ago, TerryG29 said:

Hi everyone,

Very excited to join this format of fantasy hockey and embark on a new, exciting challenge. Looking at my team, i will be open for business in the coming days as i wheel and deal to get on track!

Will reach out to you all once I've had a chance to analyze my roster and have a more clear direction of where i will be taking my team. 

Cheers,

Terry 

fresh meat 90s GIF

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ThatMike said:

SIGNING: The Boston Bruins have signed Mason Marchment to a four-year contract.

spacer.png : Mason Marchment - Four-year contract worth $19 million dollars ($4.75 per season - NMC in year one, L-NTC (5 team NO list) in years three and four)

Pretty sad that Mason decided to go with another team for less money, but that's how the pickle squirts. Good luck with Boston.

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, ThatMike said:

SIGNING: The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed Rickard Rackell to a six-year contract.

small.png - Rickard Rackell - Six-year contract worth $31 million dollars ($5.167m per season - Includes a 10 team LNTC throughout)

Again, we are sad that Rickard signed for way less in Tampa, but I can understand that a player approaching his 30's might not want to be part of a rebuilding team. Good luck in Tampa.

• Huggy Bear 1

On 8/3/2021 at 12:26 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

This post reserved for something awesome...

It's been nearly a year, I have been sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for something awesome

Brother, let me in on the awesomeness !

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mr Postman said:

Pretty sad that Mason decided to go with another team for less money, but that's how the pickle squirts. Good luck with Boston.

27 minutes ago, Mr Postman said:

Again, we are sad that Rickard signed for way less in Tampa, but I can understand that a player approaching his 30's might not want to be part of a rebuilding team. Good luck in Tampa.

Yeah it definitely socks when that happens, but I have to say the agents really do their work to try and make the most realistic decisions for the players. Once you've got a solid core with a solid vision, I'm sure you'll see a difference in the UFA market. Can't wait to see how you shape up your team over the next couple of years. Excited to start next season off with 32 active GMs!

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

It's been nearly a year, I have been sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for something awesome

Brother, let me in on the awesomeness !

I'm just waiting to see my 2022-23 roster appear there :P

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Gator said:

Yeah it definitely socks when that happens, but I have to say the agents really do their work to try and make the most realistic decisions for the players. Once you've got a solid core with a solid vision, I'm sure you'll see a difference in the UFA market. Can't wait to see how you shape up your team over the next couple of years. Excited to start next season off with 32 active GMs!

Hard to get s solid core when you can't attract free agents even when your player relations budget is 25mil and you offer 750k, and 1.33mil per year more for players and they still sign elsewhere. I understand that there will be growing pains, and understand that because I missed out on these two doesn't mean that I'll miss out on them all. It just means that I'll have to have a team of jobbers for the next few years and hope that my drafts pan out. Hell, maybe I'll luck out and get 1st overall next year, as there is a solid chance I'll be bottom of the standings after the season if I can't sign free agents. At least my waiver claim for Kessel gets me to the cap floor, and you owe me a 2nd for claiming him. More darts to throw means more opportunities to hit.

Edited by Mr Postman
Autocorrect switched hell to he'll
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Postman said:

Hard to get s solid core when you can't attract free agents even when your player relations budget is 25mil and you offer 750k, and 1.33mil per year more for players and they still sign elsewhere. I understand that there will be growing pains, and understand that because I missed out on these two doesn't mean that I'll miss out on them all. It just means that I'll have to have a team of jobbers for the next few years and hope that my drafts pan out. Hell, maybe I'll luck out and get 1st overall next year, as there is a solid chance I'll be bottom of the standings after the season if I can't sign free agents. At least my waiver claim for Kessel gets me to the cap floor, and you owe me a 2nd for claiming him. More darts to throw means more opportunities to hit.

Trust me, my team was tore down to bones 2 years ago, amd now I may be on the cusp of contention this year. Fortunately for me I had enough vets when I took over to load up on futures via trades, and flipped those futures for better futures via trade market. You draft, trade for, or sign 6-7 solid young guys then you have the makings of a future core to build around. Once you get that core set, and you're ready to add pieces to contend, those players will be more inclined to sign with you.

There is also A LOT of talent out there free for the taking that no1 k ows about. If you do your research you never know who you'll find for free.

My first year in this league @Sludgesign Gabriel Vilardi.. No1 owned his rights for some reason, and he happened to realize it. There are many hidden gems out there. I have a list of players not owned set to the side incase I thin out my prospect pool via trades this year lol

Cheers!

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Gator said:

Trust me, my team was tore down to bones 2 years ago, amd now I may be on the cusp of contention this year. Fortunately for me I had enough vets when I took over to load up on futures via trades, and flipped those futures for better futures via trade market. You draft, trade for, or sign 6-7 solid young guys then you have the makings of a future core to build around. Once you get that core set, and you're ready to add pieces to contend, those players will be more inclined to sign with you.

There is also A LOT of talent out there free for the taking that no1 k ows about. If you do your research you never know who you'll find for free.

My first year in this league @Sludgesign Gabriel Vilardi.. No1 owned his rights for some reason, and he happened to realize it. There are many hidden gems out there. I have a list of players not owned set to the side incase I thin out my prospect pool via trades this year lol

Cheers!

Yeah for sure, I remember signing Martin Jones after watching him in the AHL all stars skills competition and thought he'd play in the NHL one day. Happened sooner than I thought as Bernier got traded from LA and Jones became the backup and then went on to have a solid career. 

Just a little bitter about losing out on Rakell and Marchment and setting my player relations budget at 25mil because it didn't help me at all. I didn't think I'd get both, but I thought for sure I'd get one after knowingly overpaying because of my cap space. I just hope that when I do have a solid team in a few years, I get the same treatment where I can sign guys for way less because they want to play for my team and that they don't sign for a rebuilding team with a new GM who offers more with a large player relations budget. 

• Huggy Bear 1

30 minutes ago, Mr Postman said:

Yeah for sure, I remember signing Martin Jones after watching him in the AHL all stars skills competition and thought he'd play in the NHL one day. Happened sooner than I thought as Bernier got traded from LA and Jones became the backup and then went on to have a solid career. 

Just a little bitter about losing out on Rakell and Marchment and setting my player relations budget at 25mil because it didn't help me at all. I didn't think I'd get both, but I thought for sure I'd get one after knowingly overpaying because of my cap space. I just hope that when I do have a solid team in a few years, I get the same treatment where I can sign guys for way less because they want to play for my team and that they don't sign for a rebuilding team with a new GM who offers more with a large player relations budget. 

Yea for sure I get the frustration. It really depends on how many true contenders are in on said player, and how much cap they have to throw around. So many variables for agents to consider, and I think for the most part they do a very good job.

Hope you have better luck in the offseasons to follow!

• Like 1