The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

1 hour ago, Gator said:

Trust me, my team was tore down to bones 2 years ago, amd now I may be on the cusp of contention this year. Fortunately for me I had enough vets when I took over to load up on futures via trades, and flipped those futures for better futures via trade market. You draft, trade for, or sign 6-7 solid young guys then you have the makings of a future core to build around. Once you get that core set, and you're ready to add pieces to contend, those players will be more inclined to sign with you.

There is also A LOT of talent out there free for the taking that no1 k ows about. If you do your research you never know who you'll find for free.

My first year in this league @Sludgesign Gabriel Vilardi.. No1 owned his rights for some reason, and he happened to realize it. There are many hidden gems out there. I have a list of players not owned set to the side incase I thin out my prospect pool via trades this year lol

Cheers!

Last night it took me 20 minutes going through all the rosters checking on a young player.

He wasn't listed.

So I put an offer in only to find out he had been signed the previous day. 

All part of the work a GM has to put in. 

Been through the rosters a lot of times checking for players who I think might have a chance, getting used to those teams with big prospect pools and others who do not. 

The agents are worth their weight in Rhodium.

Time is the most precious commodity we have, and they expend quite a bit of theirs making our good time a reality.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Last night it took me 20 minutes going through all the rosters checking on a young player.

He wasn't listed.

So I put an offer in only to find out he had been signed the previous day. 

All part of the work a GM has to put in. 

Been through the rosters a lot of times checking for players who I think might have a chance, getting used to those teams with big prospect pools and others who do not. 

The agents are worth their weight in Rhodium.

Time is the most precious commodity we have, and they expend quite a bit of theirs making our good time a reality.

Just search the name in the bar of Google sheets. I used to do the team by team thing to until I found that out lol. Saves SOOOOO much time

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Sergei Bobrovsky said:

SIGNING: The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed unrestricted free agent defenceman Brad Hunt to a two year deal.

Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsBrad Hunt - 2 year, $3.5 million dollar contract. ($1.75 million per season)

-------------------------------------------------------------

0WNy6dKNqLxhb-lmtskqP8j6n8ArJd2VVQhuK1OnAj_GEGtwYNYTB0f_wppN1P_LwyvU7aAEd4euYJ8dbdVEYbYCIZAHxx2ODRED9LbbW7vpzSEGLtdM8W6Uxv792Si0j65GJNlpd-NpE7Uk4Ic

LOL, If @Gator needed to hit the cap floor? 

Shoulda kept Crosby...  :lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

LOL, If @Gator needed to hit the cap floor? 

Shoulda kept Crosby...  :lol:

Did you see my thread about the NHSL here in Aus in the general hockey thread ? 

Our first professional hockey league here. 

https://www.nhsl.com.au/leagues/custom_page.cfm?clientid=6884&leagueid=33009&pageid=2129

Saw the first final series a few weeks back on Chanel 34 NITV. 

Not bad hockey.

A buddy and I are going skating soon if you are interested in coming give us a holler on PM.

Maybe see if we can find out when the next Melbourne ducks game is on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

His played with his pink canoe every night?

No $hit I grew up with a kid called Richard Brain. 

Poor bastard copped so much crap.

He confronted his dad about it when he became a young man.

His dad was genuinely confused why he was upset.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Happy not to share my last name publicly

Dad must'a thought it was quite a joke & it got a lotta laughs from quite a few folks...

That was pure gold brother 

Thanks for posting.

Well now that the Brad Hunt signing has been officially announced,  and we have grabbed Erikss0n off waivers we can submit an almost full lineup. Still in need of #13F & #7D. We are in a few trade talks to potentially boost our roster, and we are hopeful to have a full 23 man roster announce in the coming days.

UPDATED LINES

E. Kane - C. McDavid - L. Raymond

O. Palat - J. Hughes - N. Kadri

A. Johnsson - P. Stastny - T. Bordeleau

J. Vesey - S. Carrick - Z. Girgensons

Erikss0n - XXXXXX

D. Nurse - Q. Hughes

L. Hughes - C. Miller

B. Hunt - M. Benning

XXXXXX

C. Price

S. Varlamov