The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

3 minutes ago, Squeak said:

I was surprised that we weren't tagging the GM - as that was the standard before.

A player wouldn't sign an offersheet with the GM being notified directly prior to and then after it happened.

I get that. It was posted on cdcgml.com though! this is like nhl.com.. i suppose if you rely on email notifications tho!

2 hours ago, snowflake said:

It was posted in the thread for all to see. How is that behind his back? Wouldn’t playing the game involve checking the thread once in a while?

Again, it’s only part of the game if both GM’s involved get to play their part. Beyond rules, we as GM’s are responsible for making sure everyone gets to play. 

I support all forms of game play and strategy. I am strongly opposed to any form of rule that can result in a player being lost by a team due to accident or not being informed. 

As I said, we’ve never had an offer sheet play out that way, but I may be the wrong guy to ask... I just gave up three 1st round draft picks  this month to ensure everyone is having fun. 

As a GM I would have assumed you would only want the player after the GM had a chance to respond. After playing the game together... cause we’re here to have fun. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, theo5789 said:

After all of this, I don't think anyone has tagged @winterhawks yet to see if he wants to chime in. Maybe give him 7 more days from this notice if everyone agrees that is fair? If still no response, then it's fair game that he loses the player?

7 additional days seems a bit much. Let's let @canuck2xtreme figure it out. For all we know winter has sent a pm to c2x with a match. 

On a side note.. do we have an eta for canucks dev camp? Is Podz in BC yet? what else is going on around here.

5 hours ago, winterhawks said:

Wow this is a tough one to come back and find. I typically take a step back from my two leagues in August and this month has been especially hectic. I appreciate @Mike Vanderhoek messaging me on Facebook to notify me of this offer sheet.

I am surprised I wasn’t tagged in this post, especially when Romo was tagged in the offer sheet for his player shortly after? I thought that was standard practice. A few days before Whitecloud asked for a lot more money then this offer sheet and there was not mention of a potential offer sheet looming. In the end I did miss the 7 days but I would have 100% matched this as it would have saved me cap in my negoations. I will wait to hear how @canuck2xtreme would like to proceed with this.

Forget it just keep him. 

also, if anyone wants one of my players, make me an offer. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

Maple Leafs have some holes to fill and are in the trade market to try and help us win this year. Our 2022 FLA 1st may even be in play if we can find the right player(s).

Left Wing   Center   Right Wing
Alexis Lafreniere   Jack Hughes   UFA/Trade
UFA/Trade   Nazim Kadri   Jeff Carter
Trent Frederic   Quinton Byfield   Jesse Puljujarvi
Devin Shore   Colin White   Adam Gaudette
    Jay Beagle    
Defence   Defence   Goalies
Quinn Hughes   Adam Fox   Thomas Greiss
Calvin De Haan   UFA/Trade   Martin Jones
Matthew Benning   UFA/Trade    

Aside from the obvious holes, we are also interested in boosting our goalie position.

It will take a good deal for me to let some of these picks/prospects go, but if the return is right we may be willing to move the following:

2022 FLA 1st**

2022 VGK 2nd

2022 TOR 2nd

2022 COL 3rd

2022 LAK 3rd

2022 VGK 4th

2022 LAK 4th

Adam Beckman**

Stelio Mattheos

Ivan Chekhovich

Prokhor Poltapov

Jeremy Davies

Joe Hicketts

Brogan Rafferty

Connor Ingram

better be real gud**

IN NEED OF:

2 top 6 forwards, 1-2 dmen, and an upgrade in goal.

Interested GMs please send me some offers and ill gladly check them out!

1 hour ago, Ty Webb said:

SIGNING: The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed unrestricted free agent Colin Miller to a 2 year deal.

small.png - Colin Miller - 2 year, $5.0 million dollar contract. ($2.5M AAV) 

Toronto is pleased to add Miller to our D group, and now we have 1 less hole to fill via trade. Here's hoping we can make a push for the GML cup this year

1 minute ago, canuck2xtreme said:

SIGNING: The Montreal Canadiens have signed forward Paul Byron to a three year deal.

spacer.png Paul Byron - 3 year, $9 million dollar contract. ($3 million per season)

Who the hell wants to play for the habs over us. You offered the better contract, but damn.. Its MTL :lol:

Everybody is suppose to love Toronto!