The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

On 9/17/2021 at 3:23 PM, HighOnHockey said:

Might be willing to move Brady Tkachuk. Preferred return would be two young players with upside (1F, 1D), an elite prospect and a first.

6 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

Lol never mind. Offers coming in are so far off it's more of an annoyance than anything.

And we have a trade to announce...

Alright the Rangers are close to set for the season. Trading Tkachuk was a hell of a tough decision, but we needed better depth of assets with both a high degree of NHL-certainty as well as some high-end upside. Tippett's development is reminiscent of Tyler Toffoli, but we're hopeful for a little more even. Sharangovich is a wildcard, but he's made tremendous strides since leaving Belarus. Samuelsson was USA's captain and top D at WJC a couple years back. Maybe not much offensive upside, but just being on the ice 23 minutes a night will give him the opportunity to collect some points, plus his PIMs will help make up for those lost with Brady.

For Iafallo, we had a first plus prospect on the table from another team, but decided to go with the further-along Petruzzelli and take our chances flipping Granlund. Not really looking to move Granlund right now; probably closer to deadline.

Just need to add some depth pieces. Still looking to move O'Reilly - something along the lines of the Faulk and Iafallo trades would be good. Willing to take back bad salary.

21 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Need depth for the season if im going to compete this year. Maybe ill get lucky and he will get traded to a contender at the trade deadline lol

Well at least you don’t have to worry about anyone picking him off waivers lol

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

Maple leafs would like to call up F Ivan Chekhovich to the Toronto Maple Leafs, and send down F Jimmy Vesey to the Cape Breton Miners. @canuck2xtreme

CURRENT LINES (NHL/AHL)

Screenshot_20210920-030155_Sheets.jpg.e5387a1088c536578ef6ac5b8a0d2660.jpg

We are currently trying to fill a few holes in our main squad, but would also like to add more forward depth in our AHL level. I feel we have a pretty decent team, but depth might be an issue heading into the season. We will be looking into UFAs, and the trade market to fill these needs before the beginning of the season!

Maple Leafs GM, Crabby

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Maple leafs would like to call up F Ivan Chekhovich to the Toronto Maple Leafs, and send down F Jimmy Vesey to the Cape Breton Miners. @canuck2xtreme

CURRENT LINES (NHL/AHL)

Screenshot_20210920-030155_Sheets.jpg.e5387a1088c536578ef6ac5b8a0d2660.jpg

We are currently trying to fill a few holes in our main squad, but would also like to add more forward depth in our AHL level. I feel we have a pretty decent team, but depth might be an issue heading into the season. We will be looking into UFAs, and the trade market to fill these needs before the beginning of the season!

Maple Leafs GM, Crabby

Cheers!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/sharks-place-forward-ivan-chekhovich-waivers-buyout/

Just in case you weren't aware.

So the one kinda neat thing about this NYR team I took over to start a rebuild, is the farm system is fully stocked. To try to make things easier for myself and teams I'm negotiating with (kind of amazing how many times Ranta has already been brought up as a toss-in), I've categorized my minor leaguers into three tiers: tier A is legit NHL prospects (maybe even with some upside), tier B is journeymen and B prospects who could end up depth or call-up players, and tier C is career minor leaguers I don't expect to get more than a cup of coffee at best.

Tier A I wouldn't trade unless a high quality piece is coming back. Tier B have some trade value and I wouldn't mind holding on to, but could be involved in low level trades, or as a balancer when late picks are involved in bigger trades. Tier C I don't expect to get much value for. If you see someone there you like, offer me a half-full bag of pucks. I tried to put them in rough order for the first two tiers, but didn't care enough to do the third tier.

A

Angus Crookshank

Rasmus Kupari

Mattias Samuelsson

Sampo Ranta

Keith Petruzzelli

Graeme Clarke

Alexei Protas

Daniil Misyul

Leon Gawanke

Joseph Woll

B