The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

2 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

Hahaha holy $&!# I looked it up to see if this was just a GML rule or mirrors the NHL. There hasn't been re-entry waivers since 2013!!! This is news to me.

Scared me I'm hurting for depth players and saw your post, scrambling to see if I accidentally posted as Waivers lol

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Boston Bruins have made a trade with the Detroit Red Wings.

To BOS :

spacer.png Chandler Stephenson

To DET :

spacer.png Vladimir Tarasenko

The Redwings welcome Vladimir to our team.

We know he has had some injury problems however we believe that he is determined to come back stronger than ever.

We thank Chandler for his contributions to our team both on and off the ice.

We wish him all the best.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 3:27 AM, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Los Angeles Kings have made a trade with the New York Rangers.

To LA:

spacer.png Leon Gawanke
spacer.png CAR 2022 2nd Round Draft Selection

To NYR:

spacer.png Samuel Montembeault
spacer.png Conditional 2023 Draft Selection

We're excited with the progress on the rebuild so far. Any good rebuild ought to start from the net out, and we've added three young goalies this summer in Montembeault, Benjamin Gaudreau, and Keith Petruzzelli. Next comes the defense, and we've already added Samuelsson, Mukhamadullin and Lambos, although we've given up a couple good ones in Gawanke and Edvinsson. At some point in the next year or two, we'll be looking to move one of our bluechip young centers - Sharangovich, Mittelstadt, Foudy, Kupari - for a young impact defenseman.

Beyond that, not much to report on the trade block front. Hampus Lindholm is obviously available, but we'll probably wait until deadline for that and hope he's looking ready for a playoff run and trade to a contender. Granlund is obviously available. Probably gonna wait until deadline or even next summer for that one. Feel free to make offers on either now though if you wish. Our preferred return in any trade is going to be young players or prospects, aged around 19-22. Picks are also fine, but of secondary interest unless they're firsts.

Edited by HighOnHockey
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

We're excited with the progress on the rebuild so far. Any good rebuild ought to start from the net out, and we've added three young goalies this summer in Montembeault, Benjamin Gaudreau, and Keith Petruzzelli. Next comes the defense, and we've already added Samuelsson, Mukhamadullin and Lambos, although we've given up a couple good ones in Gawanke and Edvinsson. At some point in the next year or two, we'll be looking to move one of our bluechip young centers - Sharangovich, Mittelstadt, Foudy, Kupari - for a young impact defenseman.

Beyond that, not much to report on the trade block front. Hampus Lindholm is obviously available, but we'll probably wait until deadline for that and hope he's looking ready for a playoff run and trade to a contender. Granlund is obviously available. Probably gonna wait until deadline or even next summer for that one. Feel free to make offers on either now though if you wish. Our preferred return in any trade is going to be young players or prospects, aged around 19-22. Picks are also fine, but of secondary interest unless they're firsts.

I drafted Petruzelli (and have followed his career) and definitely remember actively pursuing Montembeault. That’s a great prospect core you’ve got. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, greensman said:

I drafted Petruzelli (and have followed his career) and definitely remember actively pursuing Montembeault. That’s a great prospect core you’ve got. 

Petruzelli was a solid pick Greensie. After drafting Cossa I get ok moving him in a trade.