The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

It worked for Jesperi.. Let's try for Jack!

Buffalo Sabres Top 25 Under 25, #1: Jack Eichel - Die By The Blade

Go get em Jack! Pressure them into a trade A.S.A.P lets get this ball rolling buddy!

Jack will register his first point with CBJ in 3 1/2 months time! LETS GO!

On a side note.... Dylan is a warrior!!

Jack Eichel - Victim or Villain? : r/sabres

I love that photo! lol

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Age of players within the Columbus Blue Jackets system. Figured I hadn't done one of these in a while. Last time we did we had a lot of players in the 26-30 age range. The team has become much younger since that time. Our NHL's squads average age is 25.5.(AHL average age is 20.23). These numbers are not important but fun to calculate!

Columbus Blue Jackets logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG

NHL

Pavel Buchnevich (26)  Jack Eichel (25)  Kirill Kaprizov (24)

Jesperi Kotkaniemi (21)  Dylan Cozens (20)  Lucas Raymond (19)

Andrew Mangiapane (25)  Dawson Mercer (20)  Tage Thompson (24)

Zemgus Girgensons (27)  Kevin Rooney (28)  Sean Kuraly (28)

Kyle Turris (32)  Corey Perry (36)

Thomas Chabot (24)  Oliver Ekman-Larsson (30)

Travis Sanheim (24)  Mikey Anderson (22)

Riley Stillman (23)  Matt Roy (26)

Mackenzie Blackwood (24)

Jonathan Bernier (33)

Cleveland Monsters - Wikipedia

AHL

Ivan Morozov (21)  Ryan Suzuki (20)  Filip Hallander (21)

Brennan Othmann (18)  Joey Anderson (23)  Isak Rosen (18)

Samuel Helenius (18)

Simon Edvinsson (18)  Filip Berglund (24)

Kaiden Guhle (19)  Anton Olsson (18)

Michael DiPietro (22)

Ilya Konovalov (23)

Kudos to 2021 drafted defenseman Simon Edvinsson on a strong start to his SHL campaign. The youngster has 9 pts in 16 SHL games a torrid pace for the youngster. Kaiden Guhle is also off a steady start in the WHL netting 8 points in 7 games. Brennan Othmann is also off to a hot start with 8 points in 6 games in the WHL. Anton Olsson is off to a bit of a slower start with 4 points in 12 SHL games. Definitely not a bad pace though for the 18 year old. Isak Rosen has 4 points in 15 SHL games thus far as well! Kaiden Guhle is rumoured to be a captain consideration for Team Canada at the 2022 WJC's. It's early yet but who knows.

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

There has been lots of interest in McDavid and in Slavin thus far. We are taking a slow approach at this time as we will not trade the NHL's biggest star for just anything. We will be standing firm on the "Deep Pockets" analogy should we deal him

As for Slavin, the price will start with a 1st and a good prospect + roster player as the return. Thus far have some names of interest we are looking at from the teams who have approached us, but again, this will be a slow game based on the high level of interest

Still lots of moving parts before we make any decisions unless we are absoultey blown away in the mean time!

• Cheers 1

The Kings are aware of the struggles our squad is having, as 30th in the league as of today is nowhere near where we want to be. But with the return of Nicklas Backstrom apparently coming soon, we're planning on holding the line for a bit here and seeing what a 1C can do to balance our lineup.

• Like 1

INJURED RESERVE: The following players have been placed on injured reserve by their respective teams.

spacer.png Nick Foligno (Oct 21st)
spacer.png Mike Smith (Oct 22nd)
spacer.png Matthew Boldy (Oct 22nd)
spacer.png Emil Bemstrom (Oct 23rd)

spacer.png Petr Mrazek (Oct 23rd)
spacer.png Zach Bogosian (Oct 24th)
spacer.png Jujhar Khaira (Oct 26th)
spacer.png Justin Dowling (Oct 26th)
spacer.png Sean Walker (Oct 26th)
spacer.png Dean Kukan (Oct 26th)
spacer.png Nikita Kucherov (Oct 26th)
spacer.png Max Pacioretty (Oct 26th)
spacer.png Ryan O'Reilly (Oct 27th)
spacer.png Connor Timmins (Oct 28th)
spacer.png Shane Pinto (Nov 1st)

• Cheers 1

Justva suggestion I figured I would float by the agent group, and hopefully will be adapted for next offseason.

I feel like agents should be assigned players to represent. This would allow them to seek out teams that may be better suited for them and possibly get more of a bidding war on said player(s). Would also help us GMs that lose track of what UFAs are available. I understand it could be a lot of work, but with the amount of agents in the league now I believe it is very doable.

Would also mean that no GM will be speaking to their "favorite" agent as certain players are assigned a specific agent.

Something I hope yall consider anyway.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Justva suggestion I figured I would float by the agent group, and hopefully will be adapted for next offseason.

I feel like agents should be assigned players to represent. This would allow them to seek out teams that may be better suited for them and possibly get more of a bidding war on said player(s). Would also help us GMs that lose track of what UFAs are available. I understand it could be a lot of work, but with the amount of agents in the league now I believe it is very doable.

Would also mean that no GM will be speaking to their "favorite" agent as certain players are assigned a specific agent.

Something I hope yall consider anyway.

Cheers!

I was in favor of players seeking out clubs previously and the few examples at the time I was suggestive about said clubs didn't want NHL talent lol.

Once a team submits an offer and an agent replies said agent is tied to that team / player already. To expedite the free agency process it may be a benefit as offers come in to assign an agent to that player say the first agent to take an offer on a player becomes that agent and a post can go up in thread.

Much prefer that to assigning agents beforehand and no, teams can do their research my biggest pet peeve is " wheres a free agent list ? ". No the information is on all sheets and requires GMs to put their own time in.

As for favorite agents, yeah some teams would resign if they had to specifically deal with one over another lol.

12 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

the first agent to take an offer on a player becomes that agent and a post can go up in thread.

This would be very ideal. Imo an agent is suppose to help create a market for their clients. Not reaching out to teams in need could hurt his contract.

And yea I agree with all GMs should have to do their research, but thats where you get gems like Vilardi. Just ask @Sludge :P

I think the "Known UFAs" negotiating a deal should have their agents reaching out to teams. Im good either way, just thought it would be a nice suggestion

• Thanks 1