The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DEBATE] Which BROTHERS in their prime are you taking to play on the same team?

Rate this topic

Which BROTHERS in their prime are you taking to play on the same team?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Note: Only players who have played a minimum of 200 NHL games are on the list.  Haha, so no Gretzky, Lemieux, Howe or Messier...  :)

I think this might be the most entertaining one yet.  Enjoy...  :)

Sedins.gif

Sedins2.gif

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

Really hard not to take the Espositos. Star goalie and legendary forward. The Stastny combo is tempting because it's three players, but then, we did see that for a time and though they were good, they never won a Cup or anything.

• Upvote 2

Hard one for sure.  Take all the Sutters lol that would be fun.   Want goal scoring?  Take the Richards or Hulls - either choice is great.    A mix ?  The Esposito's, the Stastny's...

Edited by IBatch

This brings to mind a quip from Harry Neale back in the 80's (then doing TV color commentary), who when asked who he would like to take in an upcoming draft, replied:

"I'd draft the Sutter's old man, and start a stud farm."

regards,  G.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As to the question, "I'd go with the Sutters. They may not be as talented as some of the other brother sets, but they make up for it in numbers and tenacity.

regards,  G.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Note: Only players who have played a minimum of 200 NHL games are on the list.  Haha, so no Gretzky, Lemieux, Howe or Messier...  :)

I think this might be the most entertaining one yet.  Enjoy...  :)

Sedins.gif

Sedins2.gif

With respect to the twins, I’d have to go with the Espisitos here. The Niedermayer brothers are up there as well as Scott amassed four Stanley Cups and was constantly in the running for the Norris trophy.

• Upvote 1

Okay I took Phil and Tony Esposito. If I were to build a team from scratch I would want a #1 centre and a #1 goalie. That’s the reasoning for me. 

Henrik and Daniel were amazing and we may never see 2 twins that good playing together on the same team ever again. The Sutter brothers were also tempting as there are 6 of them.  

But in the end for me it is Phil and Tony.