The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Arizona could deal Christian Dvorak - reject Bruins offer

One NHL source has confirmed that while, as numerous outlets reported, the Bruins and Coyotes had serious trade talks involving Coyotes center, Christian Dvorak, two weeks ago, those talks have hit a bit of a stalemate. There has been chatter for a while that Bruins winger Jake DeBrusk and defenseman Jakub Zboril are players the Bruins are willing to trade to snag a center on the NHL trade market, but this source could not say if that was specific to the Dvorak talks.

Boston Hockey Now

Here are some center options from a recent story, but the Wild continue to talk to the Buffalo Sabres about Jack Eichel and Sam Reinhart, and they’re believed to have talked to the Arizona Coyotes about Christian Dvorak...

Michael Russo

Dvorak has generated plenty of interest and multiple sources have confirmed the Coyotes and Boston Bruins have discussed a trade involving the 25-year-old centre. It is believed Arizona is looking for a package of draft picks and prospects for Dvorak, who has four-years left on his contract.

The Fourth Period

Would you? Would you?

To VAN:

Dvorak

Chychrun

To ARZ:

Hughes

Motte

2022 1st Round pick

2022 3rd Round pick

Boeser-Petey-Miller

Garland-Dvorak-Podkolzin

Pearson-Bo-Hoglander

Dickinson-Sutter-Highmore

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 6
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 10

39 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Would you? Would you?

To VAN:

Dvorak

Chychrun

To ARZ:

Hughes

Motte

2022 1st Round pick

2022 3rd Round pick

Boeser-Petey-Miller

Garland-Dvorak-Podkolzin

Pearson-Bo-Hoglander

It would be crazy to trade 3 1st round picks in a row but I'd see the roster as:

Miller Pete Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland

Hoglander Dvorak Podkolzin

Highmore Dickenson Sutter

Chychrun Myers

OEL Hamonic

Joulevi Poolman

I have no idea how we'd have the cap space to sign Boeser/Horvat/Miller in the following years though.

When looking at the Garland deal, I thought maybe Dvorak could've been used in place of Garland - not that I'm complaining. I think Dvorak might have been considered due to him being a center. This would, however, make Dickinson a redundant piece.

In the end, I think Garland was the better choice.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Would you? Would you?

To VAN:

Dvorak

Chychrun

To ARZ:

Hughes

Motte

2022 1st Round pick

2022 3rd Round pick

Boeser-Petey-Miller

Garland-Dvorak-Podkolzin

Pearson-Bo-Hoglander

I’m not sure you have to add the 1st round pick as Coyotes probably can get a few 1st picks and more when trading Hughes to his brothers.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

When looking at the Garland deal, I thought maybe Dvorak could've been used in place of Garland - not that I'm complaining. I think Dvorak might have been considered due to him being a center. This would, however, make Dickinson a redundant piece.

In the end, I think Garland was the better choice.

In one interview, Benning stated he really wanted to add a right-handed player. Not sure if Dvorak could've been had for that package anyway tho.

He would be a great fit on the team, overlapped a bit with Bo in London too. Don't think the Canucks have what the Yotes looking for unless they wanna give up every pick they've ever owned haha.

To AZ: Tanner Pearson, 2022 1st, a 3rd 2023, maybe Juolevi? Going without a 1st round pick 3 years in a row would be absolutely bonkers tho. Maybe Benning is desperate enough to do it

The top-9 would truly be stacked

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Dvorak - Horvat - Garland

Hoggie - Dickie - Podkolzin

3 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

In one interview, Benning stated he really wanted to add a right-handed player. Not sure if Dvorak could've been had for that package anyway tho.

He would be a great fit on the team, overlapped a bit with Bo in London too. Don't think the Canucks have what the Yotes looking for unless they wanna give up every pick they've ever owned haha.

To AZ: Tanner Pearson, 2022 1st, a 3rd 2023, maybe Juolevi? Going without a 1st round pick 3 years in a row would be absolutely bonkers tho. Maybe Benning is desperate enough to do it

The top-9 would truly be stacked

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Dvorak - Horvat - Garland

Hoggie - Dickie - Podkolzin

I think it's pretty unnecessary to make this trade. And you're right, Dvorak is a left shot.

I don't see why Dvorak wouldn't be considered in place of Garland. Arizona wanted a first rounder; however I think Garland is by far the more exciting player.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Spoosh said:

AZ wont have any good players left soon. Dvorak will be a great addition to any team so I hope the get a deal done for his sake. 

Excuse me. Top line of Loui, Beagle and Roussel. Man we are going to be sorry we traded these guys :mad:

• Haha 2