The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Arizona could deal Christian Dvorak - reject Bruins offer

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You're really underrating Chychrun.

Can’t really trade a Defenceman one year removed from having 53 points in 68 games in a rookie season. 

Could be a 80 point player in his prime if he plays a full season. 

He’s good enough on the ice to pick up his D-Game if he focuses on it.

Tough one…

Would love a D-Man like Chicken Wing though.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, AK_19 said:

It would be crazy to trade 3 1st round picks in a row but I'd see the roster as:

Miller Pete Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland

Hoglander Dvorak Podkolzin

Highmore Dickenson Sutter

Chychrun Myers

OEL Hamonic

Joulevi Poolman

I have no idea how we'd have the cap space to sign Boeser/Horvat/Miller in the following years though.

Miller might be the guy to trade next summer or the following season? Under contract 2 more season and will be 29.5 years old..

Miller will want 4 X 6.5 million?? Trade for younger player under 26 and draft pick......Maybe next June on draft day..

Podkolzin will be ready to fill his spot.....

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Miller might be the guy to trade next summer or the following season? Under contract 2 more season and will be 29.5 years old..

Miller will want 4 X 6.5 million?? Trade for younger player under 26 and draft pick......Maybe next June on draft day..

Top prospect and a 1st atleast, if he keeps up his production level. Now that would be asset management! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Would you? Would you?

To VAN:

Dvorak

Chychrun

To ARZ:

Hughes

Motte

2022 1st Round pick

2022 3rd Round pick

Boeser-Petey-Miller

Garland-Dvorak-Podkolzin

Pearson-Bo-Hoglander

Dickinson-Sutter-Highmore

Miller-Pettersson-Garland

Hoglander-Dvorak-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Podkolzin

Dickinson-Sutter-MacEwen

Chychrun-Myers

OEL-Hamonic

Rathbone-Poolman

Demko

Halak

Does the team above join Vegas, Colorado, Tampa, Boston, NYI, and Carolina as perennial 2nd round++ teams?   

Very interesting thought indeed....

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Agreed, Miller or Boeser get traded for a 1st plus before they re sign. But I also lean towards Miller and re up Boeser next year! 

30 minutes ago, tas said:

how old is that second quote? I feel like it would be tampering for buffalo to continue discussing a player they traded 2 and a half weeks ago. 

lol if you open the article it's from 13 July

just showing that there's a few teams in talks re: Dvorak this summer

Having looked at Capfriendly Arizona has 12 UFAs finishing at the end of this season. How many can they flip for a draft pick?  Watch LE catch fire and they flip him for a 4th or 5th, They have Kessel who can surely get a 2nd or 3rd. Beagle, Dzingel who should get some sort of picks. On defence Stralman and Lybushkin and then Hutton maybe a late pick. 

In saying that can you field an AHL line up to end the season? Could be some sort of draft for Arizona ( I hope its a good year for prospects!)

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

And end up with Wright, Bedard/Michkov, and Matthews :bigblush:

If Dubas was smart he’d trade Mathews to the Coyotes right now for their 2022 first, and 2023 first.  I wonder if the Coyotes would do that, or would they just wait and sign him as a UFA?  

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Dubas was smart he’d trade Mathews to the Coyotes right now for their 2022 first, and 2023 first.  I wonder if the Coyotes would do that, or would they just wait and sign him as a UFA?  

Yeah, but it's Dubas so he'd turn around and flip those picks for more  garbage.