The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks requiring covid vaccination for staff and fans

Rate this topic

cuporbust

2 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

I am posing this question, because in my opinion, it will happen. So when it happens, who gets the blame? Right now the blame on COVID spread is on unvaccinated. When you're in a situation where everyone who attends the event must be vaccinated, where does said blame go then? Honest question

Well no one then. But at the very least if there is a spread that does occur changes are the danger of the spread was greatly reduced by the vaccine. But still regardless the people refusing to take the vaccine are in no way part of the solution. 

• Vintage 1

I am merely focusing on the transmission of it, at these events. I'd prefer not to get into the entirety of the COVID situation, as I have stepped out of the COVID thread for a reason.

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Well no one then. But at the very least if there is a spread that does occur changes are the danger of the spread was greatly reduced by the vaccine. But still regardless the people refusing to take the vaccine are in no way part of the solution. 

I respect your views, so I'd prefer to not derail this thread too much into the COVID side of things. I will leave it at many people who are unvaccinated, also have COVID antibodies already from being sick with the virus. 

Back on topic of attending events, would the masses be ok with COVID antibody tests as admission to these events?

• Wat 1

15 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

I am posing this question, because in my opinion, it will happen. So when it happens, who gets the blame? Right now the blame on COVID spread is on unvaccinated. When you're in a situation where everyone who attends the event must be vaccinated, where does said blame go then? Honest question

Well since everyone would be vaccinated the blame would go nowhere. Eventually Covid 19 will go to something people just get and then get rid of, like any normal flu. The spread amongst the vaccinated isn't much of an issue and as more of the population gets vaccinated gets to be less and less of a problem. Those people won't be going to the hospital of morgue in droves. The large groups of people this will effect is the unvaccinated people they spread it too. Right now that group involves children under 12 and the immunocompromised who don't get to make a choice which is where the real problem is right now. As soon as the vaccines rolled out and were put into a significant amount of the population transmission isn't as much of an issue as hospitalization and death.

Edited by EOTM
  • Like 1

Just now, DasHockey74 said:

Understandable in a way. But what's stopping them from eventually requiring proof of all vaccines and disclosure of illnesses.  

What's stopping them from pumping gamma radiation into the building and trying to create the Incredible Hulk?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • RoughGame 1

13 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

I am merely focusing on the transmission of it, at these events. I'd prefer not to get into the entirety of the COVID situation, as I have stepped out of the COVID thread for a reason.

I respect your views, so I'd prefer to not derail this thread too much into the COVID side of things. I will leave it at many people who are unvaccinated, also have COVID antibodies already from being sick with the virus. 

Back on topic of attending events, would the masses be ok with COVID antibody tests as admission to these events?

Anti body tests would be unnecessary and expensive and time consuming. They can just do exactly what they have decided to do and get the same result.. 

• Like 2

Just now, EOTM said:

Anti body tests would be unnecessary and expensive and time consuming. They can just do exactly what they have decided to do and get the same result.. 

No where did I say the organization would bare the cost of any test.

• Wat 2

Just now, EOTM said:

No where did I say it would be expensive for the organization. 

So you're saying someone should inject themselves with something they don't need, because you deem an antibody test as too expensive and time consuming?

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

8 minutes ago, EOTM said:

What's stopping them from pumping gamma radiation into the building and trying to create the Incredible Hulk?

Ah nice to see you resort to this crap when you cannot continue a discussion. Just another person to add to the ignore list I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, EOTM said:

and they would be essentially useless.  This just shows past exposure to virus or vaccine we already know that immunity wains over several months after having COVID.

• Like 1

Just now, Whorvat said:

So you're saying someone should inject themselves with something they don't need, because you deem an antibody test as too expensive and time consuming?

Where did I say that? I'm saying people have a choice and a choice has a consequence. Are you saying that because people are too selfish to get a vaccine that everybody should have to go through hoops for their choice? Also you should really research what's happening with the antibodies for people who have had covid. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Ah nice to see you resort to this crap when you cannot continue a discussion. Just another person to add to the ignore list I suppose.

Calm down there bud. If the argument being made is a crappy what aboutism that's what I'm going to respond with. Also nobody gives a crap if you put them on your ignore list. If you're going to do it and you can't handle a discussion then just shut up and do it rather than announce it.

4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

and they would be essentially useless.  This just shows past exposure to virus or vaccine we already know that immunity wains over several months after having COVID.

Exactly this...

Edited by EOTM
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You might not need it, but there are others in society that need YOU to get it to keep THEM safe.  I don't know why this concept is so difficult for some people to understand.

The thing is just getting covid and having the antibodies from that isn't keeping people safe with the variants. So they do need it to keep them safe, and soon, to keep themselves insurable. The insurance part may even being playing a factor for businesses like the Canucks to do this; and PR.

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You might not need it, but there are others in society that need YOU to get it to keep THEM safe.  I don't know why this concept is so difficult for some people to understand.

I can respect your views, but I don't want to derail this thread into content that should go into the existing COVID thread.

I'd like to focus on the admission to events again.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out, when an outbreak occurs and someone gets seriously ill/dies, while being double vaccinated, after attending a hockey game.

28 minutes ago, DasHockey74 said:

Understandable in a way. But what's stopping them from eventually requiring proof of all vaccines and disclosure of illnesses.  

Who are “them”?  Is this directed at Canuck’s management?  Why would any business do what you’re suggesting?  

8 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

I can respect your views, but I don't want to derail this thread into content that should go into the existing COVID thread.

I'd like to focus on the admission to events again.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out, when an outbreak occurs and someone gets seriously ill/dies, while being double vaccinated, after attending a hockey game.

Is booze served at hockey games?  Could someone drink booze at a game, try to drive after, and kill someone in a traffic accident?  We take risks, but we also try (as a society) to minimize risk and balance that with living a full life within our Canadian Charter.  Your argument is nonsense.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2
  • RoughGame 1

5 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Thank God the Canucks organization is going to be looking after its fans instead of leaving us to play russian roulette with our lives.  As a season's ticket holder, I've been extremely worried about this upcoming season due to the alarming rise in the Indian (Delta) variant infection rate (mainly sweeping thru Surrey and Kelowna now - but spreading elsewhere fast) and was seriously asking myself if I made a mistake renewing my seats this year, as I don't want to get sick or die watching a canucks game - even though that might be the noblest way to go!. 

As a bonus, not only will this poilicy save lives and suffering for "Normal people" who believe in science but it also means that we won't have to sit next to the "Magnetic/embedded microchip/flat earth conspiracy Anti-Vax crowd", which means during Oiler/Flames games there won't be any Albertans or ex-Albertans (I.e./Kelowna) drunken hooligans in the stands to ruin our evening because they won't be allowed in to infect us. Plus this will avoid many inevitable conflicts and fights between the Anti Vaxers and Normal people including canucks staff - which would have been all but a certainty. 

Thank you Canucks management .   You will have definately saved a few lives with this policy and will make Oiler/Flames games all the more pleasant to watch.

Bravo !!!!!!

Cool, a way to keep Edmonton and Calgary fans away. Me likey.

• Haha 2