The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] TOR - VAN

Ok Petey. You can’t stay healthy and you want a team to win it for you. It may be time to see if the grass is greener elsewhere.

here s my proposal :

to TOR 

Pettersson rights’

to VAN 

Mitchell Marner.

why TOR do this : Marner has been targeted during PO not sure if he’d come back with the right mindset.

they would free up some needed cap space too by signing an young superstar in the making.

why VAN do this : Petey will cost something around 7-8M (so we’re talking about a delta of 3-4M) already have health issues, and Marner is a step ahead as a player. (My opinion), while matching our age group. (Horvat is already 26).

my top 6

Miller Marner Boeser

Hoglander Horvat Garland.

go heat up my summer, flame accepted :) 

• Wat 3

2 hours ago, CanucksCountry said:

Marner isn't a center and can't really preform in the playoffs, is overpaid for what he is, Centers always will have more value than wingers in the same caliber, there would have to be alot more coming the other way for this to make sense for us 

the center argument is fair.

we know that Petey isn't good at faceoffs neither. which means on defensive FO you need to switch him with Miller. 
i say go for Miller at 1C and Marner on his wing. 

I do believe that IF

1) Podkolzin emerges as a legit top 6 forward this season

AND

2) Someone like Klimovich emerges from the farm to the point where management sees him as a realistic 3rd line RW option next season (or, basically in the same spot that Podkolzin has been penciled in this season)

THEN

Boeser would be used as a trading piece.  Like Boeser to NYI for Ryan Pulock..........and yes, I have now officially hijacked this thread a la Bane 2012 style.

9 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Ok Petey. You can’t stay healthy and you want a team to win it for you. It may be time to see if the grass is greener elsewhere.

here s my proposal :

to TOR 

Pettersson rights’

to VAN 

Mitchell Marner.

why TOR do this : Marner has been targeted during PO not sure if he’d come back with the right mindset.

they would free up some needed cap space too by signing an young superstar in the making.

why VAN do this : Petey will cost something around 7-8M (so we’re talking about a delta of 3-4M) already have health issues, and Marner is a step ahead as a player. (My opinion), while matching our age group. (Horvat is already 26).

my top 6

Miller Marner Boeser

Hoglander Horvat Garland.

go heat up my summer, flame accepted :) 

No, I think Pettersson has a higher overall ceiling than Marner. Right now, its questionable if Marner can really perform in the playoffs, whereas, Pettersson put up 18 points in 17 playoff games when push came to shove.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

I do believe that IF

1) Podkolzin emerges as a legit top 6 forward this season

AND

2) Someone like Klimovich emerges from the farm to the point where management sees him as a realistic 3rd line RW option next season (or, basically in the same spot that Podkolzin has been penciled in this season)

THEN

Boeser would be used as a trading piece.  Like Boeser to NYI for Ryan Pulock..........and yes, I have now officially hijacked this thread a la Bane 2012 style.

Nope.

Boeser is younger and a sniper that we need.  He's close to becoming a 30+ goal scorer.  If anything it would be Miller or Myers traded out.

Plus, I just got a Boeser jersy. So I'm biased and want him to stay.  Lol. :P

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1