The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] TOR - VAN

52 minutes ago, BPA said:

Nope.

Boeser is younger and a sniper that we need.  He's close to becoming a 30+ goal scorer.  If anything it would be Miller or Myers traded out.

Plus, I just got a Boeser jersy. So I'm biased and want him to stay.  Lol. :P

3 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

I do believe that IF

1) Podkolzin emerges as a legit top 6 forward this season

AND

2) Someone like Klimovich emerges from the farm to the point where management sees him as a realistic 3rd line RW option next season (or, basically in the same spot that Podkolzin has been penciled in this season)

THEN

Boeser would be used as a trading piece.  Like Boeser to NYI for Ryan Pulock..........and yes, I have now officially hijacked this thread a la Bane 2012 style.

I do believe in 2 years our Top 9 looks sick

Miller/ Petey/Hoglander-  Petey/ Klimovich-  Boeser/ Garland

Hoglander -- Horvat --- Garland/ Klimovich

Klimovich /Poldkozin - Dickinson - Poldkozin / Klimovich

2 lines that can score and play offensive minutes

3rd line that can check and hit and pot a goal every other game

Ofc the only hard part is finding natural LW talent

---

Myers, Joulevi, Rathbone, DiPietro , Miller (if he starts to age badly) are all potential trade chips

• Cheers 1

Just now, PunjabiCanucks said:

I do believe in 2 years our Top 9 looks sick

Miller/ Petey/Hoglander-  Petey/ Klimovich-  Boeser/ Garland

Hoglander -- Horvat --- Garland/ Klimovich

Klimovich /Poldkozin - Dickinson - Poldkozin / Klimovich

2 lines that can score and play offensive minutes

3rd line that can check and hit and pot a goal every other game

Ofc the only hard part is finding natural LW talent

---

Myers, Joulevi, Rathbone, DiPietro , Miller (if he starts to age badly) are all potential trade chips

Pearson should be moved in his 3rd year unless he scores 20G for us 

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

the center argument is fair.

we know that Petey isn't good at faceoffs neither. which means on defensive FO you need to switch him with Miller. 
i say go for Miller at 1C and Marner on his wing. 

The issus is Miller isn't a natural center they may use him for faceoffs but once the puck is dropped he goes back to his natural winger role I just don't see why would we trade Pettey unless in a package were you can upgrade on him

Petey's rights??  What if he decides to sign for $7.5M? or $8M?  So now we have Marner being paid way more, and he's not even a centre?  And the leafs get cap relief while receiving a 1st line centre? 

NO.  Just NO.

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Petey's rights??  What if he decides to sign for $7.5M? or $8M?  So now we have Marner being paid way more, and he's not even a centre?  And the leafs get cap relief while receiving a 1st line centre? 

NO.  Just NO.

To be fair. Pettersson being a centre isn’t really a selling feature for the leafs.  They already have a lot tied up in Matthews and Tavares 

56 minutes ago, HKSR said:

NO.  Just NO.

We re talking about Mitch Marner. 

Way above PPG, dunno why you guyz screaming about that like it was foolish idea. 
Do you really close the door for a guy like that
 (Credit PuckPedia) 

Scoring     Goals Assists Shots Ice Time                
Season Age Tm Lg GP G A PTS +/- PIM EV PP SH GW EV PP SH S S% TSA TOI ATOI FOW FOL FO% BLK HIT TK GV Awards
Career   5 yrs NHL 355 103 255 358 48 122 81 21 1 19 164 86 5 913 11.3 1742 6769 19:04 82 93 46.9 185 148 347 319  
2016-17 19 TOR NHL 77 19 42 61 0 38 15 4 0 5 25 17 0 176 10.8 325 1294 16:49 14 23 37.8 39 41 67 62 AR-1,Calder-5
2017-18 20 TOR NHL 82 22 47 69 -1 26 14 8 0 2 28 19 0 194 11.3 399 1344 16:23 50 45 52.6 25 31 85 50  
2018-19 21 TOR NHL 82 26 68 94 22 22 22 3 1 5 48 18 2 233 11.2 446 1625 19:49 7 5 58.3 43 29 78 67 AS-3,Byng-18,Selke-14
2019-20 22 TOR NHL 59 16 51 67 6 16 10 6 0 2 32 18 1 154 10.4 277 1272 21:33 7 19 26.9 37 24 64 71 AS-5,Byng-30,Selke-33
2020-21 23 TOR NHL 55 20 47 67 21 20 20 0 0 5 31 14 2 156 12.8 295 1233 22:26 4 1 80.0 41 23 53 69 AS-1,Byng-24,Hart-19,Selke-10

Sure we need to retool the lines but I’m not confident in Petey’s health. We may have to juggle the lines as soon as he takes a bad hit anyway. 

and since Petey’s recent quotes, I prefer a guy who search what he can do for his team, instead which is the team that can do the more for him. By the past I ve already noticed some cocky comment or behavior. Those quotes sell the deal. 
Marner is the better player, can stay healthy, and can stay low. 

Edited by deus.ex.makina

I guess sliding Miller to center and having Marner on the wing isn't the worst idea. As much as we all love Petey, Marner is right now on another level offensively. Sure, he hasn't performed in the playoffs yet, but he's only 24.

It's a risky move but it just depends on how much we believe Petey is going to become a true star. I think we've seen glimpses of his competitive, tough streak when he's been attacked and love it - that's what we want to see more of. It's something Marner doesn't really have. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it'll be the difference between performing in the playoffs or not. Both of them are smaller guys who are going to get bullied, Marner is putting up bigger offensive numbers (albeit with better linemates) but Pettersson does have a character about him that could go a long way.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I guess sliding Miller to center and having Marner on the wing isn't the worst idea. As much as we all love Petey, Marner is right now on another level offensively. Sure, he hasn't performed in the playoffs yet, but he's only 24.

It's a risky move but it just depends on how much we believe Petey is going to become a true star. I think we've seen glimpses of his competitive, tough streak when he's been attacked and love it - that's what we want to see more of. It's something Marner doesn't really have. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it'll be the difference between performing in the playoffs or not. Both of them are smaller guys who are going to get bullied, Marner is putting up bigger offensive numbers (albeit with better linemates) but Pettersson does have a character about him that could go a long way.

I'm hoping Miller stays at C and we roll three scoring lines this year.   Wouldn't even label them 1-2-3.    Dickinson doesn't score and is better suited on the last line with Motte and Sutter as a shut down line.   We won without EP 8-3-1 or something until Covid.     

That said the second thing id do, if we kept the lotto line together ... is move EP to the wing and play Miller as the C.   Watch him explode in that case.    If EP signs a bridge ... three lines for sure, it would help keep the cap down for both Miller and EP too... i'm evil lol.   More then anything i do think that our third line hasn't worked well for us in years.   We don't have the makings for two shutdown lines right now.   Our "loaded" line isn't top tier either (so far at least).   Balanced scoring is an avenue for a cup(s)... as is strength down the middle and goaltending, two things we have right now. 

Edited by IBatch