The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Rangers defenseman Brendan Smith says there’s a lot more info that will come out someday regarding the Tom Wilson incident

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

The Rags went out and got Reeves.  Thing is Reeves can’t play.  His team is pretty much short handed when he’s on the ice, especially if he’s going to match up with Wilson.  Matching up with Wilson means Reaves needs to play top line.  Elite super skilled guys play those minutes.  Wilson can play with those guys.  Reeves can’t even hold his own playing limited bottom line minutes.  Wilson will just ignore Reeves.  Reeves will take penalties, and OV will score.  Caps will laugh at the Rags.  

Toughness has to come from the core players.  

The point of getting Reaves isn't necessarily to go after Wilson.  He can simply run around and do his thing, which is lay out their top players with dirty hits and knees to the back of the head.  The NHL proved that they will do nothing to him, so the Rangers took the bait and will now put Reaves into the spotlight to see what the NHL will do. 

Reaves doesn't necessarily have to go after Wilson, his job will be to target the Capitals best players.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Me too.

My grandmother, and the principal of my my elemantary school. Lots of reading aloud, and learning to read even further ahead, than everybody does; to make sure the word I see fits in with the sentence I'm just about to say.

I'm a 57 yr old, so I was extremenly lucky to have a teacher/principal in that day and age,that recongnized my difficulties, and helped me immensely

Yes, but one of my main traits of dyslexia (a little different and of different levels for everyone) is hearing. My dyslexia was describe as being an inner ear problem, effecting (affecting) my ability to comprehend spoken words and writing down what was said or repeating back what was spoken. I still have to, to this day concentrate very hard when given orders at work. My reading of words was also reversed both the letters of a word and the placement of the word in the sentence.

The test my teacher would have people do, to understand was to write their name well holding a paper to their forehead. She also would have people try reading a book while looking at it in a mirror. Now this how they got me to re- trained my brain to see words normally (most the time now) by using mirrors at different angles as I tried to read. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

The point of getting Reaves isn't necessarily to go after Wilson.  He can simply run around and do his thing, which is lay out their top players with dirty hits and knees to the back of the head.  The NHL proved that they will do nothing to him, so the Rangers took the bait and will now put Reaves into the spotlight to see what the NHL will do. 

Reaves doesn't necessarily have to go after Wilson, his job will be to target the Capitals best players.  

Reeves won’t be on the ice against the top players.  He’s a throwback goon.  He plays very few minutes.  And If he does play against elite guys the Rags will be playing shorthanded for his shift.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Reeves won’t be on the ice against the top players.  He’s a throwback goon.  He plays very few minutes.  And If he does play against elite guys the Rags will be playing shorthanded for his shift.  

The defense will get the most punishment from Reeves. It only take one hit for him to cause injury.  

7 minutes ago, khay said:

Agree but if he can't get hold of Wilson, he will go after other guys in an attempt to injure and force Wilson to oblige to a fight.

Rangers will lose the game yes but at this point, Rangers and their fans want physical revenge.

I just hope this doesn't turn into another Bertuzzi incident because of the league's inability to handle it properly and suspend Moore for his elbow to Naslund Wilson for reckless actions.

Reeves will come out and lineup beside Wilson on the faceoff.  Wilson will ignore him, and for that shift the elite Cap players will basically have a PP.  

Reeves is a goon, but is he a dirty cheap-shot guy?  

1 minute ago, vancan2233 said:

The defense will get the most punishment from Reeves. It only take one hit for him to cause injury.  

Reeves is so slow guys can get in his way easily so he can’t get in on the forecheck.  He’s not going to play more than 4-6 minutes a game.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Reeves is so slow guys can get in his way easily so he can’t get in on the forecheck.  He’s not going to play more than 4-6 minutes a game.  

Reaves averages 10 minutes a game.  It only takes one dirty hit to a guy like Backstrom or Carlson to start a war on the ice, which is the whole intent of getting Reaves.

At the very least the Capitals players have to keep their head up while Reaves is on the ice, which wasn't the case last year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Ryan+Reaves&&view=detail&mid=031AE0A96ADDC3F8484E031AE0A96ADDC3F8484E&&FORM

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Ryan+Reaves&&view=detail&mid=5606FBF37FECC4A5472A5606FBF37FECC4A5472A&&FORM

no one will even care then LOL i forgot what wilson even did tbh, and i don't care anymore.

gonna have a bunch of clowns skating around and hunting for wilson, leaving Ovi wide open and the rags just get absolutely lit up. yall hyping reaves up like he's some kind of game changer

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

And even if he does line up against the Caps top line, Ovi's more than capeable of leveling him himself. 

6 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

no one will even care then LOL i forgot what wilson even did tbh, and i don't care anymore.

gonna have a bunch of clowns skating around and hunting for wilson, leaving Ovi wide open and the rags just get absolutely lit up. yall hyping reaves up like he's some kind of game changer

His job would be too two hand Ovi in the back of the head after that goal. Washington set the precedent that it’s okay to go after a top 10 player in the league and the nhl has made it clear that it’s allowed. 

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Reaves averages 10 minutes a game.  It only takes one dirty hit to a guy like Backstrom or Carlson to start a war on the ice, which is the whole intent of getting Reaves.

At the very least the Capitals players have to keep their head up while Reaves is on the ice, which wasn't the case last year.

This guy gets it*^^^

when you re-signing? 

• Upvote 1

Say all you want about Reeves, but if he were on the Canucks he would be a fan favorite, and Petterson, Hughes, Miller, Boeser, et all would be strutting around the ice and terrorizing the opposition goalies on a nightly basis. This club needs a mean heavyweight to strike fear in people. And no, TM ain’t that player, not even remotely close. 

On 8/14/2021 at 10:34 AM, gurn said:

"“Like I said, in 15 years when my career is over, there will be more things that will come up,” 

I don't know about the other guys, but for me the part where he says "in 15 years when my career is over, " is the where I got the idea that he thinks his career will last another 15 years.

Edited by lmm
delete

On 8/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, bishopshodan said:

Reaves is the cock of the league right now.

No matter how you slice it, the Caps are gonna have some long nights. 

He'll get a hold of somebody and they will pay. 

I would rank Reaves side by side with 

-Milan Lucic 

-Ross Johnston 

Best fighter in the league is Samuel Morin once he gets comfortable in the NHL.  Just my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I would rank Reaves side by side with 

-Milan Lucic 

-Ross Johnston 

Best fighter in the league is Samuel Morin once he gets comfortable in the NHL.  Just my opinion. 

I don't know much about Morin. Look forward to seeing him. 

He and Johnson combine for about 80-ish NHL games. I do think Johnson is up there for sure, love that he keeps his guard high and tight....looks well trained. 

I can't find footage of Looch fighting Reaves.

I stand by my assertion that Reaves is the Cock. 

For now.