The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DEBATE] Which #7 in their CANUCKS prime are you taking?

Rate this topic

Elias Pettersson

Which #7 in their CANUCKS prime are you taking?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The player’s prime, or his prime while a Canuck?

If it’s as a Canuck, I’m probably taking Boudrias or Ronning.

If simply the prime of their career, regardless of the uniform, it’s gotta be Barry Pederson, before his shoulder issues and surgery. His first three years in the league, while with Boston, he averaged 43 goals and 105 points per season (with highs of 46 goals and 116 points). None of the others ever really came close to those numbers.

Voting Pederson, since when he was at his best, he was the best player listed on this poll.

It was a short period of time, and it wasn’t in Vancouver, but prime Barry Pederson was one of the best young players (and best players period) in the league. Runner up for the Calder (lost to Hall of Famer Dave Hawerchuk) and then finished 6th place in NHL scoring in both his 2nd and 3rd years in the league.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

In their prime for sure it was Barry Pederson.

He was a Bruin during his prime and the Bruins were playoff darlings and Pederson was a key performer for them. With two 100 point plus seasons he was pretty good. Injuries slowed him down and got the better of him but Pederson was a gamer.

Ps.. ..  some great players to choose from here with Ronning, BMo and Gary the Looper Lupal on it.

Edited by GarthButcher5
  • Like 1

Gees, I thought this was a simple competition between BMo and the Shrimp at first. Of those two, I went with Ronning simply because he was a more dynamic player. Obv, Morrison gets less credit than he's due because of who he was playing with, but he was a perfect fit for a perfect line.

After looking more closely at the list, though, it became trickier. As others have posted, Pederson was a great player for another team, but I'm not gonna vote for him because of a certain trade. Even Quinn had some good numbers before his Canuck years, though he doesn't really stick out for me in my memory. Boudrias, I am not as familiar with as I should be, but it seems like he was pretty important to the Canucks as an offensive player early in their NHL tenure. He played an important role for the Canucks, as evidenced by his captaincy. That's it, I've sold myself on him. Changing my pick to Andre.

On another note: no love for Booth? ;)

Edited by We Are All Cucks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm surprised Barry Pederson didn't get more votes. In his prime, he was a better player pointwise than all of these other guys. He was also in the Neely trade. This guy topped 100 points twice in 83 and 84, and averaged over 70 points per season from 82-88. My favourite out of all of them is Cliffy though because that was more of my era.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

The player’s prime, or his prime while a Canuck?

If it’s as a Canuck, I’m probably taking Boudrias or Ronning.

If simply the prime of their career, regardless of the uniform, it’s gotta be Barry Pederson, before his shoulder issues and surgery. His first three years in the league, while with Boston, he averaged 43 goals and 105 points per season (with highs of 46 goals and 116 points). None of the others ever really came close to those numbers.

Voting Pederson, since when he was at his best, he was the best player listed on this poll.

It was a short period of time, and it wasn’t in Vancouver, but prime Barry Pederson was one of the best young players (and best players period) in the league. Runner up for the Calder (lost to Hall of Famer Dave Hawerchuk) and then finished 6th place in NHL scoring in both his 2nd and 3rd years in the league.

Canucks prime...  :)

1 hour ago, Ohthehumanity said:

I'm surprised Barry Pederson didn't get more votes. In his prime, he was a better player pointwise than all of these other guys. He was also in the Neely trade. This guy topped 100 points twice in 83 and 84, and averaged over 70 points per season from 82-88. My favourite out of all of them is Cliffy though because that was more of my era.

Canucks prime...

• Elias Pettersson changed the title to [DEBATE] Which #7 in their CANUCKS prime are you taking?