The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen banner still up at Rogers place ( article)

Rate this topic

cuporbust

I was wondering who wrote it - Patrick Johnston.

Is there any reason this dude is covering our team? He always nitpicks everything - and here is the proof.

I bet this dude is endorsed by wallstreetamigo too.

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Is there any reason this dude is covering our team? He always nitpicks everything - and here is the proof.

Being a sports journalist means that you get paid to bitcx and complain. My spouse would be perfect for this job if she happens to like sports. 

• Haha 1

I worked at rogers arena and the team store a couple years ago. They don't replace the banners over night, they actually replace all of them not just individual players. It will be taken down but my guess is close to September when they start ramping up for the upcoming season. 

• Vintage 4

36 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

isn't that the dweeb that talks to bananas?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I think Patrick Johnston is Squamfan…

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Wallstreetamigo, the only poster who talks sense, facts and logic beyond the comprehension of most posters  ..... that wallstreetamigo ??   :lol:

IMO detail counts, it's an insight as to how a company is run. Now in this particular instance I'd tend to think it falls beneath their view of the Oraca Bays view  public, or fans. Shoddy IMO

Edited by Fred65
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Given Jake is facing no criminal charges,  I judge your post as, not serious.

This has nothing to do with the "alleged" Rape charges against him of a defenceless, underage young, innocent girl.   

I'm reffering to the other crimes Jake "The Ripper" committed: Floating around the blue line like a sea-gull waiting for a pass and easy goal, not ever back checking or making passes to a fellow player, showing up late to training camp and overweight, excessive partying, being from Abbotsford and failure to use his brains when on the ice and all the other crimes he committed. 

Surely there must be some prison time in store for all those crimes????

(God i'm gonna miss him......................(and loui) !

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Wat 1

10 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

This has nothing to do with the "alleged" Rape charges against him of a defenceless, underage young, innocent girl.   

Which is good, because there are no alleged "Rape" charges.

And I've seen nothing about any underage girl.

I judge your last post as not serious, and borderline  frivilous.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I'm reffering to the other crimes Jake "The Ripper" committed: Floating around the blue line like a sea-gull waiting for a pass and easy goal, not ever back checking or making passes to a fellow player, showing up late to training camp and overweight, excessive partying, being from Abbotsford and failure to use his brains when on the ice and all the other crimes he committed. 

Surely there must be some prison time in store for all those crimes????

(God i'm gonna miss him......................(and loui) !

It’s been posted in the Virtanen thread that reports are 7 other women (some were under age when incidents with Jake happened) who have come forward.  This banner should have been taken down when the first girl came forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against Jake.  

Clearly the club missed on this.  It’s something they need to get corrected, and not let linger like it is now.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

It’s been posted in the Virtanen thread that reports are 7 other women (some were under age when incidents with Jake happened) who have come forward.  This banner should have been taken down when the first girl came forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against Jake.  

Clearly the club missed on this.  It’s something they need to get corrected, and not let linger like it is now.  

I don't think the club missed on anything.

Reporters like Patrick Johnston are clearly trying to find something to write about. They weren't the first ones to report on trades, so that tells me they are reporters who are trying to make a living through tabloid-esque articles.

The Canucks didn't take down Virtanen's videos on Youtube either. :rolleyes: 

His article is trying to stir things up, which wallstreetamigo says is the media's job. This sensationalist journalism is the reason why we can't get unbiased, informative literature, but instead we have "something to talk about".

Honestly, I don't think there's any journalistic integrity in Johnston's article. This is an example of a completely unnecessary.article.

Just now, Dazzle said:

I don't think the club missed on anything.

Reporters like Patrick Johnston are clearly trying to find something to write about. They weren't the first ones to report on trades, so that tells me they are reporters who are trying to make a living through tabloid-esque articles.

The Canucks didn't take down Virtanen's videos on Youtube either. :rolleyes: 

His article is trying to stir things up, which wallstreetamigo says is the media's job. This sensationalist journalism is the reason why we can't get unbiased, informative literature, but instead we have "something to talk about".

Honestly, I don't think there's any journalistic integrity in Johnston's article. This is an example of a completely unnecessary.article.

I didn’t read the article.  Teams have misses.  I’m sure this wasn’t intentional.  But now they are aware, so get the banner down.  Fix the error.  

• Wat 1