The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

City of Glendale will not renew arrangements with Coyotes to play at Gila River Arena past this season

Rate this topic

mll

Just think of how hard it was for Winnipeg to get their team back with the number one issue being a suitable arena to play in.  Absolute bush league by the NHL…fans at every other building shouldn’t have to subsidize this trainwreck.

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/24/2022 at 7:37 PM, Provost said:

Yep… buying tickets to a low rent team makes you look like a low rent business.

They are better off buying tickets to college sports in that area as alumni will be excited to go.

Exactly I am a hockey fan but if I was working in Phoenix and had to take some clients around for entertainment there is no way I would take them to an Arena that minor league teams play on. I would rather take them to a Suns game instead. 

• Upvote 1

If I was an owner. I'd ask for an emergency meeting. Get the 31 other owners to get together. I'd show them what a joke this is. Demand that the BOG have Arizona sell the team and move to Houston or Portland. 

This is an absolute joke. 

The UBC Thunderbirds Sports Centre holds 7,500 fans. 

• 2 weeks later...

nhlpa/NHL owners/board of gov shouldn’t allow this embarrassing situation to continue. 
it’s long past the time to move on from the failed experiment in Arizona,move the team already. 
This club has disgraced and damaged  the nhl brand and is the laughing stock of pro-sports. 

this garbage must effect escrow and revenue sharing? 

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Does this mean if the University decides to put "Bettman sucks" or "NHL is bush league"  in the ice,the Coyotes would be unable to change it--------the possibilities boggle the mind.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2022 at 4:42 AM, iinatcc said:

Gary-Bettman-smile.jpg

^ Weazel!! Just like the Sherriff of Nottingham in the Robin Hood story & that’s why we boo! Who will be Robin Hood or King Richard.., save us from so many of these liars, gluttons, cheats, thieves & power-mongers. 

Edited by viking mama

24 minutes ago, viking mama said:

^ Weazel!! Just like the Sherriff of Nottingham in the Robin Hood story & that’s why we boo! Who will be Robin Hood or King Richard.., save us from so many of these liars, gluttons, cheats, thieves & power-mongers. 

I think the only fans didn't boo Bettman were the LA fans :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I don’t understand one thing.   They couldn’t sell out when they had their own arena.   Every game was an nhl low in attendance, so what on earth would make people think that if they get a brand spanking new arena, somehow, this will sell out every night.  It’s still the same crap product and still the same crappy results. 

16 minutes ago, sassbs said:

I don’t understand one thing.   They couldn’t sell out when they had their own arena.   Every game was an nhl low in attendance, so what on earth would make people think that if they get a brand spanking new arena, somehow, this will sell out every night.  It’s still the same crap product and still the same crappy results. 

They think that the location will help is my understanding.  Apparently the previous arena was out of the way for most.  I believe I heard it compared to having the team out in Langley.

• Like 2