The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DEBATE] Which SWEDISH player in their prime are you taking?

Rate this topic

Which SWEDISH player in their prime are you taking?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which SWEDISH player in their prime are you taking?

This one is gonna be fun.  It's my favourite one of them all.  I love everyone on the list.  I'm nervous as to who will win.  :frantic:

All of my idols are on the list.  But you can only pick one.  Who will it be?  Okay here we go...  Enjoy...  :)

borje.jpg

Daniel_Alfredsson_2013-05-24.jpg

henrik.gif

mats.gif

nick l.gif

peter.gif

victor.gif

erik.gif

naslund.gif

lundqvist.gif

I am going to have to go with Peter Forsberg, there were more than a few on this list who could completely dominate in their prime. But what Forsberg could do, frankly he had the best combination of power, skill, a never quit motor and was clutch. 

Others may be higher skilled ( Zetterberg ) or in a position to control a game more so by position think Lidstrom on defense but overall I don't think you can compare anyone on this list to the overall package that was Peter Forsberg.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, gurn said:

At his best, the Magic Man Kent Nilson. Too bad he was such a hot or cold player.

Sundin

Forsberg

Lidstrom

Salming

Henrik Sedin

Hedman

Daniel Sedin

Lundquist/Lindberg

I was getting my list ready and saw that you already nailed it. Same order for me. If I’m being picky I’d take Lindbergh off your  list and end it with Markus Naslund.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Certainly Forsberg as he was a playoff beast. 

Honorable mention to Sundin who was a regular season beast and Lidstrom the best Swedish defender.

Lidstrom was not only the best Swedish defenceman but he was the second best from anywhere and anytime (Bobby Orr is the first). 

• Like 2

I'm going back in time, when World Championship games were only radio broadcasts. I recall a Swede named Tumba Johanssen (sp) who dominated the world stage at that time, mid to late 50's.  I often wondered how he would have fared in the NHL as it took a few more years before Salming arrived on the scene. He probably wasn't a Forsberg, Sundin, Zetterberg, Naslund, or the twins calibre, but, he was damn good.

31 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Lidstrom was not only the best Swedish defenceman but he was the second best from anywhere and anytime (Bobby Orr is the first). 

That is certainly open to debate, I would not have him that high but top 5 anyway.

• Cheers 1