The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 22 Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

Remember when in drop in when you could chose the team jerseys? It’s been several years with the outdoor hockey or world of Chel. But why do we have only two teams (21 was the star pucks and the nighthawks) to choose from. I am less inclined to play when you are always playing just the same two teams.why not give the option of having outdoor or indoor games? Would be nice to play jerseys not bland black and white HOODIES?! The lack of a new cover athlete goes to show how little they really do to update the game. Hell the trailer just came out to see what the game looks like and it’ll be released in a few months. Such a lazy company in our backyard:picard:

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

They didn’t even build it up from the ground for the new generation(PS5/Xbox Series) it’ll be same game as last gen just with better graphics, and I don’t even think will have cross platform online, so if you have PS5 version I don’t think you can play your friend who is on PS4 unless you both have the PS4 version..

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Remember when in drop in when you could chose the team jerseys? It’s been several years with the outdoor hockey or world of Chel. But why do we have only two teams (21 was the star pucks and the nighthawks) to choose from. I am less inclined to play when you are always playing just the same two teams.why not give the option of having outdoor or indoor games? Would be nice to play jerseys not bland black and white HOODIES?! The lack of a new cover athlete goes to show how little they really do to update the game. Hell the trailer just came out to see what the game looks like and it’ll be released in a few months. Such a lazy company in our backyard:picard:

I hate CHEL, the ice is so glossy and everything is white with the outdoor rink environment it's overload on my eyes. I literally cannot play it unless I dim my TV or put shades on. I'm a HUT guy 

• Cheers 1

On 8/22/2021 at 7:58 PM, Chickenspear said:

Unfortunately, their main focus is Madden and FIFA, as those sports/games have larger audiences and bring in the $, therefore those divisions get a bigger budget, and more resources to work with. NHL is always a couple years behind those two in development. They're only now switching NHL from the 'Ignite' engine to the 'Frostbite' engine, which FIFA got in 2017, Madden in 2018.

I think a permanent release date every 2 years (aside from expansion years), and just have bi-weekly roster updates in the interim would be the best thing for this game.

The sad thing is - anyone who plays those titles have the same comments about it just being a title update. They don't fix the things that are broken and bring in new things that are unnecessary. They've been so focused on graphics for too long they lost how to make an actual game. 

Each year brings more and more people complaining about the game but they still get sales so ea just turns a deaf ear to it. 

58 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I just saw and got the code today. Gonna download and try it out. Have you tried it out? How is it?

My early impression is that it’s better than I had expected, gameplay wise. Although, I’ve only played one game, so we’ll see if that opinion changes as we continue to play around with it more.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

On 8/30/2021 at 9:48 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

My early impression is that it’s better than I had expected, gameplay wise. Although, I’ve only played one game, so we’ll see if that opinion changes as we continue to play around with it more.

what game modes are you playing? I usually play EASHL 6's, puck pick up and passing are awful. I usually play on overhead but they seem to have changed the angle from 21 and now you cant see as far up the ice.

19 hours ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

what game modes are you playing? I usually play EASHL 6's, puck pick up and passing are awful. I usually play on overhead but they seem to have changed the angle from 21 and now you cant see as far up the ice.

I’ve mostly played Ones Eliminator and EASHL 3v3.

I left EASHL for 2k Rec two years ago and never looked back.  Whatever year had David Bowey & ELO with upgradable attributes was my fav., wasn't a fan of cookie cutter builds.  One thing I miss though is the overall community, very little toxic players if any compared to one every game on 2k.

• 3 weeks later...