The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 22 Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

I haven’t bought any of the ‘22 Sports games this year, still playing MLB The Show 21 on Xbox…it’s one of the only sports games I play year round Til the next one releases.

I recently got MLB The Show 21 and I’m loving it. It’s really different from 20. The gameplay is much improved. I put my batting to All Star difficulty and I’m really having a hard time getting hits off pitchers. I get the occasional hit/HR but usually that’s only when they throw the pitch up high in the zone or right in the middle of the zone. I end up flailing/chasing pitches. What difficulty do you play?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

I recently got MLB The Show 21 and I’m loving it. It’s really different from 20. The gameplay is much improved. I put my batting to All Star difficulty and I’m really having a hard time getting hits off pitchers. I get the occasional hit/HR but usually that’s only when they throw the pitch up high in the zone or right in the middle of the zone. I end up flailing/chasing pitches. What difficulty do you play?

I have it on veteran I think, I’ve tried dynamic but I was getting too many hits..I think next game I play tonight I’ll see how all star is

• Like 1

They permanently closed the EB Games nearest to me, also all remaining stores are changing name to GameStop by end of year. Sucks that they shut down locations and people lose their jobs. EB used to be fun to go into but it’s more of a digital world now and people buying physical games not as popular anymore..

4 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

They permanently closed the EB Games nearest to me, also all remaining stores are changing name to GameStop by end of year. Sucks that they shut down locations and people lose their jobs. EB used to be fun to go into but it’s more of a digital world now and people buying physical games not as popular anymore..

That sucks. I love that they always had recycled games for cheap. I buy my games usually at Wal Mart after few months after the release for the new games. But I usually get old games at EB. Oh well what can we do eh..

15 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

That sucks. I love that they always had recycled games for cheap. I buy my games usually at Wal Mart after few months after the release for the new games. But I usually get old games at EB. Oh well what can we do eh..

Lots of locally owned places here.  Better prices for used games too.  Epic Games & More in Victoria is my go-to, but there's likely something similar near you if you had an EB.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up getting the game as Black Friday deal for myself. I’m still playing 21 though. But I’m planning on playing it this weekend. How’s everyone who has it finding it? Main reason I got it was because they have Seattle added now so it makes the game more interesting and exciting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Ended up getting the game as Black Friday deal for myself. I’m still playing 21 though. But I’m planning on playing it this weekend. How’s everyone who has it finding it? Main reason I got it was because they have Seattle added now so it makes the game more interesting and exciting

I just bought the series x version of 22, honestly, Im not that impressed. It looks like theres almost no improvement in the graphics, if anything, the menus seem worse. I notice a bunch of stuttering, which I don't recall seeing in 21. I play HUT and from first impressions, seems like they are over complicating things with the x-factor stuff

19 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

I just bought the series x version of 22, honestly, Im not that impressed. It looks like theres almost no improvement in the graphics, if anything, the menus seem worse. I notice a bunch of stuttering, which I don't recall seeing in 21. I play HUT and from first impressions, seems like they are over complicating things with the x-factor stuff

I feel the graphics is one of their main improvements. The players are much more bigger and bulkier. It’s good when you want a player to hog and protect the puck when entering the O zone and creating an opportunity. It feels like, however, like it’s much harder to score than in 21. I play superstar to challenge myself. Franchise is my main go to mode. I think the X factor is cool. Obviously it’s not really needed but it’s nice that before you take a face off they note about the players with game changing traits and in the game each shift. Overall, though, I still enjoy 21 since I have a good franchise going on as Canucks. But 22 is fun too because Kraken are a cool team to manage

Edited by Beary Sweet

4 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I feel the graphics is one of their main improvements. The players are much more bigger and bulkier. It’s good when you want a player to hog and protect the puck when entering the O zone and creating an opportunity. It feels like, however, like it’s much harder to score than in 21. I play superstar to challenge myself. Franchise is my main go to mode. I think the X factor is cool. Obviously it’s not really needed but it’s nice that before you take a face off they note about the players with game changing traits and in the game each shift. Overall, though, I still enjoy 21 since I have a good franchise going on as Canucks. But 22 is fun too because Kraken are a cool team to manage

To each his own, I just felt that the series X nhl 22 wasn't a big enough jump. Madden 22 compared to 21, its a significant improvement. Gameplay and graphics, it really looks like next gen. I'll still play NHL though, love playing HUT. EA should just give the game for free on gamepass because HUT is the real money maker

• 3 weeks later...

Started a 33rd franchise. The Alaska North Stars. With a Sasquatch as the logo lol. some nice brown and dark gray tone jerseys with an orange accent. Kinda is a blend of VGK/ANA jerseys.  Got 4th Overall in the entry draft. Tried desperately to move up to 1st overall for a franchise C but buffalo had no interest which is to be expected. Took Dylan Guenther at 4 he was rated 5th behind McTavish. I'm a huge Dylan Guenther fan if you paid attention to last years draft thread lol.

Lines are as follows:

fabbri - sharangovich - silfverberg

niederreiter - dubois - kyrou

texier - kerfoot - glass

donato - kurarly - blias

hanifin - klingberg

toews - cernak

hague - simek

sorokin

rask

Traded Zucker + a 4th for an unproven Glass. Flipped Orlov and Sanheim for Sorokin and picks. (was offered this by cpu).  Used those picks + another player forget whom for Jesper Wallstedt. Guenther had 2 pts in 7 pre-season games. Sat him out in game 1. we won a thriller 2-1 OT win over WPG. Then in our 2nd game I brought Guenther in.. he had a garbage goal for us to get us on the board. then scored the OT winner off a beautiful feed by nino niederreiter. He is 74 OA with 3 bars of accuracy. He probably should be in Jr but I'm gonna play him until he can't score then ship him down. WIll see if he gets to the 9 game mark he may get sent down after 3-4 games. I don't know how Dubois wasn't protected but I took him and ran lol. Similar to most of this team to be honest. I feel the 33rd franchise mode gives you a ton of quality players.  We are 2-0 both were 1 goal games 3-2 and 3-1 with an ENG.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Started a 33rd franchise. The Alaska North Stars. With a Sasquatch as the logo lol. some nice brown and dark gray tone jerseys with an orange accent. Kinda is a blend of VGK/ANA jerseys.  Got 4th Overall in the entry draft. Tried desperately to move up to 1st overall for a franchise C but buffalo had no interest which is to be expected. Took Dylan Guenther at 4 he was rated 5th behind McTavish. I'm a huge Dylan Guenther fan if you paid attention to last years draft thread lol.

Lines are as follows:

fabbri - sharangovich - silfverberg

niederreiter - dubois - kyrou

texier - kerfoot - glass

donato - kurarly - blias

hanifin - klingberg

toews - cernak

hague - simek

sorokin

rask

Traded Zucker + a 4th for an unproven Glass. Flipped Orlov and Sanheim for Sorokin and picks. (was offered this by cpu).  Used those picks + another player forget whom for Jesper Wallstedt. Guenther had 2 pts in 7 pre-season games. Sat him out in game 1. we won a thriller 2-1 OT win over WPG. Then in our 2nd game I brought Guenther in.. he had a garbage goal for us to get us on the board. then scored the OT winner off a beautiful feed by nino niederreiter. He is 74 OA with 3 bars of accuracy. He probably should be in Jr but I'm gonna play him until he can't score then ship him down. WIll see if he gets to the 9 game mark he may get sent down after 3-4 games. I don't know how Dubois wasn't protected but I took him and ran lol. Similar to most of this team to be honest. I feel the 33rd franchise mode gives you a ton of quality players.  We are 2-0 both were 1 goal games 3-2 and 3-1 with an ENG.

I’m loving managing Seattle right now. They have loads of cap space to work with along with all their draft picks. I ended up trading Tanev, McCann, Eberle, Wennberg, Bemstrom, some high draft picks that I decided to move(3 1sts, 3 2nds) and I don’t remember who else for Zegras, Suzuki, Keller, Sillinger, Yamamoto, Wilson(who I managed to re-sign in the offseason after bringing him over during the season), Jones(Rangers draft pick), and Brook. There might be more but that’s all that I can remember. I recently just traded for Keller to bolster my W. can’t wait to see how he fits into my team. I don’t have 1sts and even 2nds in the next few seasons after this one. I’m currently in 2023-24 season. But I have this team ready to contend for the Cup along with a stacked prospect cupboard for years to come. That’s my 2 cents on my NHL 22 Seattle franchise. I find that they’re a fun team to manage

On 12/28/2021 at 11:14 AM, Beary Sweet said:

I’m loving managing Seattle right now. They have loads of cap space to work with along with all their draft picks. I ended up trading Tanev, McCann, Eberle, Wennberg, Bemstrom, some high draft picks that I decided to move(3 1sts, 3 2nds) and I don’t remember who else for Zegras, Suzuki, Keller, Sillinger, Yamamoto, Wilson(who I managed to re-sign in the offseason after bringing him over during the season), Jones(Rangers draft pick), and Brook. There might be more but that’s all that I can remember. I recently just traded for Keller to bolster my W. can’t wait to see how he fits into my team. I don’t have 1sts and even 2nds in the next few seasons after this one. I’m currently in 2023-24 season. But I have this team ready to contend for the Cup along with a stacked prospect cupboard for years to come. That’s my 2 cents on my NHL 22 Seattle franchise. I find that they’re a fun team to manage

Yeah I have to admit the gameplay feels way better on simulated realism. I am a huge fan of the hits and the angles you can block guys. Plus they improved the poke check I believe. I typically play every game in my franchise mode which is time consuming but I'm loving the 3 minute periods to be honest. Just enough time to get my 4 lines their ice time and let me fly through the games. I am 3-0-0 so far and am a bit worried I might need to tweak the difficulty some though. We will see what happens tho after my next game lol. I decided to sent Guenther down after his 2nd game he only managed a megar 2 shots so I figured scoring in Jr would be better for his confidence. Have you played all of your franchise mode or do you sim some? I just got the game on the 25th lol.

@Rush17

I got the game around Black Friday. I play every game usually but when I get impatient, I simulate. I started a bunch of franchises with Seattle, Vancouver. I enjoy my Seattle franchise the most. I just started a Vancouver but I like my Canucks franchise that I have going in 21. Do they have 3 minute periods now? I haven't checked but I will. I have it on 4 right now. What difficulty are you playing on? I play on Superstar to challenge and it's tough. I usually have up and down seasons lol

Edited by Beary Sweet

10 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

@Rush17

I got the game around Black Friday. I play every game usually but when I get impatient, I simulate. I started a bunch of franchises with Seattle, Vancouver. I enjoy my Seattle franchise the most. I just started a Vancouver but I like my Canucks franchise that I have going in 21. Do they have 3 minute periods now? I haven't checked but I will. I have it on 4 right now. What difficulty are you playing on? I play on Superstar to challenge and it's tough. I usually have up and down seasons lol

I'm in an awkward spot where pro is to easy and all star is typically really challenging. I'm ok at the game. My expansion team is 88-90-91 overall so i might be able to ramp it up to all star. I typically do rebuilding teams but i wanted a better team this go around. Im 5-0 so far on pro have won every game with 3 goals or fewer, 1 with 1 goal and 2 with 2 goals. I'm changing it over to all star for my next set of games tho. I feel the opposing team doesn't get enough shots if i dont lol. Ive tried tweaking small sliders but i never seen able to find a happy medium. Maybe with my good team tho i can make it work!

That sounds like you have lots of franchises on the go. How long are your periods typically?

Edited by Rush17