The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 22 Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

14 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I'm in an awkward spot where pro is to easy and all star is typically really challenging. I'm ok at the game. My expansion team is 88-90-91 overall so i might be able to ramp it up to all star. I typically do rebuilding teams but i wanted a better team this go around. Im 5-0 so far on pro have won every game with 3 goals or fewer, 1 with 1 goal and 2 with 2 goals. I'm changing it over to all star for my next set of games tho. I feel the opposing team doesn't get enough shots if i dont lol. Ive tried tweaking small sliders but i never seen able to find a happy medium. Maybe with my good team tho i can make it work!

That sounds like you have lots of franchises on the go. How long are your periods typically?

Well I play my Seattle franchise the most. I like the Canucks franchise I have going in 21 but I started one with Canucks in 22. I haven't really touched it though. I'm excited about my Seattle franchise and what I have going. Hopefully I've built the team enough to contend for the cup year in and year out. Seattle being in the game was the main reason I got NHL 22. as for the length of my periods, I have it on 4 minutes. Do they have an option for 3 minute periods now? Because I didn't know that

9 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Well I play my Seattle franchise the most. I like the Canucks franchise I have going in 21 but I started one with Canucks in 22. I haven't really touched it though. I'm excited about my Seattle franchise and what I have going. Hopefully I've built the team enough to contend for the cup year in and year out. Seattle being in the game was the main reason I got NHL 22. as for the length of my periods, I have it on 4 minutes. Do they have an option for 3 minute periods now? Because I didn't know that

A Seattle franchise would be fun. Did you take over the Seattle team they drafted or did you pick your own players? Yes i am doing the 3 minute periods. Its a good length for grinding through 82 games lol.

9 hours ago, Rush17 said:

A Seattle franchise would be fun. Did you take over the Seattle team they drafted or did you pick your own players? Yes i am doing the 3 minute periods. Its a good length for grinding through 82 games lol.

I’m doing the team they drafted. Do they have an option in which you can take over Seattle and draft a new team in a new franchise? I didn’t know that. How do you do that? They only have the options to make a 33rd team, custom roster, and from the preseason. Do you have a Seattle franchise of your own going?

yeah I might adjust my length to 3 minute periods. 4 is alright but if you want to make it through a grind of a season, 3 is definitely ideal. 

Edited by Beary Sweet

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

I’m doing the team they drafted. Do they have an option in which you can take over Seattle and draft a new team in a new franchise? I didn’t know that. How do you do that? They only have the options to make a 33rd team, custom roster, and from the preseason. Do you have a Seattle franchise of your own going?

yeah I might adjust my length to 3 minute periods. 4 is alright but if you want to make it through a grind of a season, 3 is definitely ideal. 

Ya I saw that as an option I believe.

I haven't started a Seattle one quite yet. I am going to grind out my Alaska North Stars ones for a bit. The only real change with switching from to 4 to 3 minutes is you can't typically get your top line out there a 2nd time unless you do shorter shifts or skip your 4th line. I like it though! I tried all star and i couldn't score a single goal Lol. I guess I'll stick with full simulation mode on pro for now. I like the realism of how the puck and player interact with one another. My passing rate is only 75% which is a disadvantage but I make it work. I barely beat the golden knights 1-0 with a late 5 second left in the game goal lol back on pro. 

I think I'm gonna sneak in 2 more games before I crash for work :) just checking out the winter classic for a few. I created some players in my game and I went default roster which sucks because it doesn't have any of the recent roster updates. but it is what it is. I have to say the trade values appear to be a lot different this year. A high first isn't a full bar of value which is nice. I have been trying to pry Perfetti out of WPG for a few weeks in game now.. I just can't seem to make an offer they like enough lol. I want to keep my first but if im going to be a top team perhaps I should include it and acquire another first in the summer.

• Like 1

I bought my son a ps5 for Christmas. 

I used to play a lot when i was younger (nhl 98 to 07)

Boy has a lot changed lol. 

I feel geriatric with the skill stick. Cant react fast enough and pass is all over the place. 

I kept getting schooled online so im practicing offline. 

I run up the score like 5-0 after 1st period in pro mode. All Star mode I lose like 3-1 with zero offence and poor zone entry.

Are there any tips? 

Especially when using the canucks? 

One thing I dont understand is protecting the puck. 

Do you use x or skill stick

How do you change protecting from forehand to backhand? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 5:17 PM, CanucksJay said:

I bought my son a ps5 for Christmas. 

I used to play a lot when i was younger (nhl 98 to 07)

Boy has a lot changed lol. 

I feel geriatric with the skill stick. Cant react fast enough and pass is all over the place. 

I kept getting schooled online so im practicing offline. 

I run up the score like 5-0 after 1st period in pro mode. All Star mode I lose like 3-1 with zero offence and poor zone entry.

Are there any tips? 

Especially when using the canucks? 

One thing I dont understand is protecting the puck. 

Do you use x or skill stick

How do you change protecting from forehand to backhand? 

Probably go to practice mode (free skate or 1 on 1) and work on skating and rolling your stick around to get used to the movement.

On 8/22/2021 at 1:06 PM, joe-max said:

Wonder if it will ever come for PC again...

Yeah, #metoo

I'd buy it. Haven't bought EA NHL since the last year it was on PC

There's a really cool mod for the NHL 2k11 game for the Wii
It's modded with controller mapping, high resolution, sim-focused. Plays on dolphin

It's called NHL 2KHS

I haven't played it yet, but I'm going to try and nerd down on it. It's a passion project, so if any of you like the idea of a WIP mod that is simulation centric, look it up on youtube.

3 hours ago, snowjunki said:

Yeah, #metoo

I'd buy it. Haven't bought EA NHL since the last year it was on PC

There's a really cool mod for the NHL 2k11 game for the Wii
It's modded with controller mapping, high resolution, sim-focused. Plays on dolphin

It's called NHL 2KHS

I haven't played it yet, but I'm going to try and nerd down on it. It's a passion project, so if any of you like the idea of a WIP mod that is simulation centric, look it up on youtube.

Great hint, thank you. Had never heard of it, but I the 2k series on the wii was great, I actually played the last version and apart from the clunky controls it was already more of a sim than any EA game ever was.

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2021 at 6:26 PM, beni said:

Picked up an Xbox series S for the family and of course NHL 22 was at the top of my list. My last nhl game was sometime around 2010 haha 

How you liking the Series S? I’ve had mine since December 2020 I’ve only got MLB The Show 21 NBA 2K and Halo Infinite, good enough for me as I only really play mostly sports games these days(also still play my PS4).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • -SN- unpinned this topic