The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal (VAN)(NJD)

I know this has proposal concept has been mentioned before. Here we go again. This is to get Vancouver to save some money and acquire pieces that make our team tougher to play against. 

Rathbone and Juolevi are ready for a breakout season. Sheltering their minutes and allowing them to split the season will make it easier for them to play good hockey for the games they get put in. 

To Vancouver - Pavel Zacha & Ryan Graves, 

To NJD - Quinn Hughes 

New lines for next season (every line in the top 4 has some form of speed, skill, high energy, and grit) 

(defence has more size and is meaner to play against. This will give players like Rathbone and OEL room to make offensive plays) 

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland 

Hoglander Zacha Podkolzin (Zacha is good for 20+ goals on that line and could take Horvat's spot on the 2nd line)

Motte Dickenson Sutter 

Highmore

OEL Hamonic 

Rathbone Poolman (Rathbone plays a similar game to Hughes)

Graves Myers (Graves makes us legitimately larger and gives us a chance to hang in with the heavyweight teams in the playoffs)

Juolevi Schenn 

Demko 

Halak 

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, wildcam said:

Only trade Hughes for big return ..Only 21 with 10 good season a head..

, 1st rounder 2022,   Graves 6'5, 26 , {{Ty Smith- 21 - Bright future }},   3rd rounder 2023

I am not sure that works so good WC

Smith, Graves, OEL, Rathbone, and Juolevi

Maybe I guess, but I think our right side needs more attention

On 8/25/2021 at 1:38 PM, JM_ said:

if we're going to trade a kid who has the potential to be the best dman we've ever had, it has to be for more than this. Particularly if its giving NJ all 3 Hughes bro's to market. 

Like in Monopoly when trying to get the last railroad to complete the set, it's not coming cheap 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Like in Monopoly when trying to get the last railroad to complete the set, it's not coming cheap 

NJ doesn’t have attendance issues. Their GM has no pressure on him to make a bad deal that guts the team for what amounts to a publicity stunt 

12 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

NJ doesn’t have attendance issues. Their GM has no pressure on him to make a bad deal that guts the team for what amounts to a publicity stunt 

no pressure until the owner gets involved, that is how it would start that the owner wanted more of what he saw on draft night with Hughes brothers to not only get the best Hughes brother but have 3 faces of the franchise all under 23 that the Devils could capitalize on for a decade. I don't see the GM doing a trade for Quinn on his own because of the high price of having to give up at least 2 really good young players and most likely 3 if the don't want to give up a 1st round pick. 

37 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

no pressure until the owner gets involved, that is how it would start that the owner wanted more of what he saw on draft night with Hughes brothers to not only get the best Hughes brother but have 3 faces of the franchise all under 23 that the Devils could capitalize on for a decade. I don't see the GM doing a trade for Quinn on his own because of the high price of having to give up at least 2 really good young players and most likely 3 if the don't want to give up a 1st round pick. 

Again.  They don’t need to pull a publicity stunt. They already have 2 of the brothers   If all three brothers really want to play together Quinn will be UFA first.  NJ has quality young assets right now. Gutting the team won’t increase team interest more than winning will 

11 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

add to that, we don't have to actually trade Hughes. There's no compelling reason from our side to do it, so if NJ wants him they need to pay up big time or go for coffee. 

Severson, Zacha and a couple of picks would do it.  

Not sure why we would want Ty Smith, isn't he 5'9 and tiny?  

We already have Rathbone. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dog days of September. 

So rumor of Arizona wanting 2 x 1sts for Chychrun (that was quashed but fun to speculate)

A 3 way trade of...

NJ = Hughes

VAN = Holtz + Chychrun + NJ 2nd

ARI = 2 x 1sts (Van + NJ ... lottery protected).

Lol.

:P

And yeah...I'm probably wrong on the values of each player. <_<

• 3 weeks later...