The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I am re-watching Dexter, what a great series! (Discussion)

J.I.A.H.N

• J.I.A.H.N changed the title to I am re-watching Dexter, what a great series! (Discussion)
25 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

With the new Dexter series just around the corner, I thought I would re-watch the original series.......

Great writing......humor with a morbid touch.......Highly recommended! 

just started season 3........this is the 4th or 5th time through for me.

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

With the new Dexter series just around the corner, I thought I would re-watch the original series.......

Other good once, Ozark, Breaking Bad, Animal Kingdom Undercover, You...

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Great series, horrible final episode. I'm looking forward to the new season coming out in November.

• Cheers 1

Loved it. Cant wait to see the new season. Trying to get my daughter to re-watch with me. She has been on a Criminal Minds kick and want her to watch something decent in the genre. 
Don’t get the love for Animal Kinggdom, a bunch of Agro BS and people that are so flamboyant in flaunting their money and criminality they would never have made it as far as they have especially with some of the characters being in and out of jail. It is like if the Sopranos were being run by the cast of Jersey shore. 

HBO has been airing an episode per night in the lead up to the new series. Since I missed the beginning, I'm doing some catching up...

The one thing that struck me is how much things have changed. Everyone using flip phones is one thing, but there's also the culture of the Miami PD:

In this day and age, both LaGuerta and Masuka would be up on sexual harassment charges and Doakes would be either fired for bullying, or forced to undergo anger management training.

Must be nice to have a job like Dex, though....take off from work for little outings to the 'Glades whenever you like and no-one says a thing.....:rolleyes: 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Great series, horrible final episode. I'm looking forward to the new season coming out in November.

I guess I'm one of the few who had no issues with the final episode.  I thought it was a natural progression of how he always planned to disappear and start over somewhere else. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, stawns said:

I guess I'm one of the few who had no issues with the final episode.  I thought it was a natural progression of how he always planned to disappear and start over somewhere else. 

Was looking for more shock factor for a series that pushed boundaries the way Dexter did.

2 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Steep downhill after season 4 , and absolute horrendous finale. 

Disagree and I find the more I watch it, the more I appreciate seasons or episodes I didn't care for the first time around

11 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Loved it. Cant wait to see the new season. Trying to get my daughter to re-watch with me. She has been on a Criminal Minds kick and want her to watch something decent in the genre. 
Don’t get the love for Animal Kinggdom, a bunch of Agro BS and people that are so flamboyant in flaunting their money and criminality they would never have made it as far as they have especially with some of the characters being in and out of jail. It is like if the Sopranos were being run by the cast of Jersey shore. 

I enjoy Animal Kingdom but it isn't in the same stratosphere as some of the others that were mentioned. I've never seen Dexter but based on this thread I'm going to give it a shot. Currently working my way through "Suits" at the moment but I'm ready for a break. 

11 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

The Aussie movie it's based on was way better. Stars Ben Mendlesohn early in his career. The movie is about an actual Aussie criminal family. 

Criminal Minds &^@#ing sucks. I feel sorry for you if you have to sit through that. 

Animal Kingdom: rewatching classic Australian films | Movies | The Guardian

38 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

The Aussie movie it's based on was way better. Stars Ben Mendlesohn early in his career. The movie is about an actual Aussie criminal family. 

Criminal Minds &^@#ing sucks. I feel sorry for you if you have to sit through that. 

Thanks, will try the movie. 

44 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Criminal minds is a great show to have on  to fall asleep too